Egr delet

martin1984

Reaction score
Can this just be cloesd and mapped out or do you have to have a blanking plate as i asked a mapper and he said can close and delet out no need for blanking plate ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I had mine just mapped out Martin and it ran perfectly. I eventually took the EGR off and replaced it with an EGR delete kit as I noticed it was leaking a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine just mapped out Martin and it ran perfectly. I eventually took the EGR off and replaced it with an EGR delete kit as I noticed it was leaking a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im just looking to do it as ive got issues with the turbo so was going to do both at the same time but the person who can map it out said i dont need a blanking plate.

The mapusually closed the EGR flap for good, so unless smeone does somehing to make it open again, you shouldn't need a blanking plate. If the manifold etc is full of gunk however the flap may not close off completely, so a blanking plate is kind of belt and braces, if that makes sense :)

The mapusually closed the EGR flap for good, so unless smeone does somehing to make it open again, you shouldn't need a blanking plate. If the manifold etc is full of gunk however the flap may not close off completely, so a blanking plate is kind of belt and braces, if that makes sense :)
Yea that would make sense cheers

I cant remember exactly but I think if its mapped out the flap on the inlet side is permanently closed but if you want to fully remove it from the car to free up space you need to blank the exhaust manifold port and join the two cooler pipes.

I am discussing an egg delete with a company at the moment. They said they highly recommend blanking it and mot just mapping it out.

Is this overkill?