EGR blanking 2.0 170 CAHA

Meemo

Reaction score
I have some blanking plates from ebay ready to blank off my EGR which is mapped out, but may be stuck open as i have excessive black and white smoke(sometimes 1 or the other) after having the car DPF/egr delete and map done. It really plumes it out sometimes and was not an issue prior to the deletes. The tuners looked at the smoke at a show and agreed it was not normal and scanned the EGR which returned 'EGR not OK' and suggested i should blank it.

I see where it the EGR is and the 2 bolts, but they arent the star heads I have, any pointers to the correct tool head I need?
I presume I will need to remove more than just the 2 bolts on the bit I can see so welcome to any advice.
:)

If your torx bits don't fit then they are probably spline bolts. Torx have 6 points, I think spline have 12?
Clicky
Did you get the two plates, one for inlet one for outlet? If so you will need to delve a bit deeper to fit the other plate but just fitting the one should solve your issue.

If your torx bits don't fit then they are probably spline bolts. Torx have 6 points, I think spline have 12?
Clicky
Did you get the two plates, one for inlet one for outlet? If so you will need to delve a bit deeper to fit the other plate but just fitting the one should solve your issue.
That must be what it is, I will have a gander on Amazon/halfords.
Yeah I bought 2 identicle ones to do this, presuming it is the same both ends?
Tuner said it was a 10 minute job and I can drive to them, but its a 4 hour round trip so said I will do it at home as it is relatively straight forward from what he and others on here suggested (once I know what I need to do :p)

Still havent fitted these, having spoken to someone who tunes recently who told me I should never blank out a newer engine egr like mine, and that it should be coded out whilst slightly open to ensure the pressure sensors dont throw a wobbly. He reckoned if I blank it even though it is already coded out, I will get engine management issues from the pressure sensors... Not sure how he can know without knowing what sensors the original mapper has mapped out.
has anyone heard this before?
2.0tdi 170 CR CAHA