Dynamic + sports gearbox

hungabunga

Reaction score
hi all

I know the Audi has the same or similar ZF autobox to those on the bmw. On the bmw you had sports drive mode but then also had option to push stick to left to put the box in sports as well
On the Audi when I put car in dynamic you see a S on speedo and if you pull the stick back it changes to a D. So is dynamic mode putting the box in sport or is it missing the option the bmw cars have.

Sully

Last edited:
When you select dynamic it puts the box into S for sport, when you pull back it goes back into drive.

So it does both settings for you which makes things easier, just a shame the drive select is in an awkward place
Thanks

i have changed my shortcut button on the steering wheel the * to be my drive select button. Much easier and faster to change modes.

Yes I’ve done that on mine, much easier to switch between the drive modes, however it is a bit temperamental!

did that from day one.. (read it on here before taking delivery!)

much easier to switch into turbo utter nutter mode..

Reactions: A12RNX
I've done this too but the '*' button unprogrammes itself sometimes, way to go Audi

I've done the * button thing too and have been lucky enough for it always to work.

I still find it a bit weird that although selecting Dynamic does also select S mode, the next time I start the car is says it's in Dynamic (still) but now D mode? Not the end of the day, I know, just a tap back on the selector and it's in S.

I've done the * button thing too and have been lucky enough for it always to work.

I still find it a bit weird that although selecting Dynamic does also select S mode, the next time I start the car is says it's in Dynamic (still) but now D mode? Not the end of the day, I know, just a tap back on the selector and it's in S.
Dont think that is proper dynamic though, you need to cycle modes back to dynamic every ignition cycle.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit