Dynamic led indicators

Theonenonly

Driver
Reaction score
hi all, quick one.

Do the 2018 A4 s-lines come with the dynamic indicators as standard?

I’ve read they do but the configurator says they’re a £650 optional extra.

Just weighing up my options as I still have time to change my order from the SE.

It’s £55 more per month for the s-line but I’m starting to think it’s worth it for what I’m getting and the dynamic indicators will be what pushes me over the edge to bite the bullet.

Thanks In advance

The front dynamic indicators only come with the matrix led headlamps if that's what you mean...

Reactions: Theonenonly
hi all, quick one.

Do the 2018 A4 s-lines come with the dynamic indicators as standard?

I’ve read they do but the configurator says they’re a £650 optional extra.

Just weighing up my options as I still have time to change my order from the SE.

It’s £55 more per month for the s-line but I’m starting to think it’s worth it for what I’m getting and the dynamic indicators will be what pushes me over the edge to bite the bullet.

Thanks In advance
Dynamic rear indicators come with LED headlights, which are standard on S Line.

Dynamic front indicators are only available with matrix headlights, which are an option.

Reactions: tickedon and Theonenonly
FYI, I have the front dynamic indicators and they're not as "dynamic" as the rears, it's basically just split into 3 separate amber sections that light in sequence.

S-Line is worth the extra money. Really does look the part with the rear dynamic indicators

Reactions: tickedon, Jcbmally and Theonenonly
S-Line is worth the extra money. Really does look the part with the rear dynamic indicators

I'm really starting to wish I had ordered the S-Line now as I was offered it for only an Extra £25pm back in November, prices have since gone up and now finding the extra £55pm a little hard to swallow :(

Agree with you there however the matrix headlamps with the dynamic indicators also not only look good they also are very good at lighting up dark country roads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syed Shah
FYI, I have the front dynamic indicators and they're not as "dynamic" as the rears, it's basically just split into 3 separate amber sections that light in sequence.
They are as this video in slow motion shows however I still think they look neat compare to the standard flashing ones:

Agree with you there however the matrix headlamps with the dynamic indicators also not only look good they also are very good at lighting up dark country roads.

Ive not seen the Matrix yet, but have heard nothing but praise for them. If I did get an Audi again, that will definitely be an option tbh.

I'm really starting to wish I had ordered the S-Line now as I was offered it for only an Extra £25pm back in November, prices have since gone up and now finding the extra £55pm a little hard to swallow :(

£55 is a very dear increase p/m. £25p/m is still somewhat justifiable but £55p/m would keep me away from s-line. Why are they charging so much? You could just try spec the matrix leds as they wouldn’t add £55pm maybe more like £10-15?

£55 is a very dear increase p/m. £25p/m is still somewhat justifiable but £55p/m would keep me away from s-line. Why are they charging so much? You could just try spec the matrix leds as they wouldn’t add £55pm maybe more like £10-15?

I got a great deal on the SE in November when they were doing Black Friday deals, my 2-year lease works out at £2300 per year so now when im looking at respeccing they have to go off this year's prices, funnily enough, if I just want to add the 18's (£900 on the configurator) the price goes up £50 alone!!! :|

In all honesty, this is my first lease/new car/Audi - before it the best car I've owned has been a 7-year-old Picasso so even the 18 plate SE is a massive upgrade for me.

I would love the S-Line, but I feel I've missed out by being to cheap back in November lol, I think I'll just stick with what I've ordered and see if I can get any better deals closer to renewal, maybe a BE if the price is right.

Still love those dynamic indicators though, something to look forward to next time I guess lol

I got a great deal on the SE in November when they were doing Black Friday deals, my 2-year lease works out at £2300 per year so now when im looking at respeccing they have to go off this year's prices, funnily enough, if I just want to add the 18's (£900 on the configurator) the price goes up £50 alone!!! :|

In all honesty, this is my first lease/new car/Audi - before it the best car I've owned has been a 7-year-old Picasso so even the 18 plate SE is a massive upgrade for me.

I would love the S-Line, but I feel I've missed out by being to cheap back in November lol, I think I'll just stick with what I've ordered and see if I can get any better deals closer to renewal, maybe a BE if the price is right.

Still love those dynamic indicators though, something to look forward to next time I guess lol

Ahh i see! Personally it may still be worth a try for the Matrix LED’s at 650£. Well worth every penny from what I hear but end of the choice is yours and whatever it is, either way you have a fantastic motor for the money!

The problem with the indicators is when your inside the car you never get to see them! I don't think I ever saw mine working so far

The problem with the indicators is when your inside the car you never get to see them! I don't think I ever saw mine working so far
Agreed. If I had them I'd have to keep leaving the car with the hazards on just to go and watch:tearsofjoy:

Hah, I visit a customer a few times a week who has mirrored windows on the ground floor right at the side of where I park, I get to watch the "Matrix Dance" whenever I get back in the car :)

Reactions: Paul Golding
I've always assumed that this was a solution to the "audi drivers never indicate" problem, as now we all want to show off our indicators!

Reactions: tickedon, Syed Shah and pierreluigi88
Lol, very good only now I had two Audi's I notice other makes of cars not indicating...

The Matrix Lights are the top 'must have' item on the B9. They really are amazing.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
I think it’s the LED lights full stop that makes it look the part, as the rear lights are bold and shaped. Anytime I see an A4 without them it just doesn’t look right at all, just a puddle of red light like any other cars.

Reactions: Syed Shah
I think it’s the LED lights full stop that makes it look the part, as the rear lights are bold and shaped. Anytime I see an A4 without them it just doesn’t look right at all, just a puddle of red light like any other cars.

Totally. The proper LEDS transform the car honestly. I've seen many without it and they don't look half as quality as the ones with the full set of LEDS..

Reactions: tickedon
Quite a few manufactures have adopted scrolling indicators now - Mondeo MK5 LED Lights have them, Peugeot/DS fit them, Toyota CHR, Lexus also...

Quite a few manufactures have adopted scrolling indicators now - Mondeo MK5 LED Lights have them, Peugeot/DS fit them, Toyota CHR, Lexus also...

Though none of them look half as good as the Audi ones.. They are a lot more seamless than other manufacturers who have jumped on the bandwagon

Though none of them look half as good as the Audi ones.. They are a lot more seamless than other manufacturers who have jumped on the bandwagon

The Peugeot 308 and DS ones like a bit naff like an after thought in the lower bumper, or small on the DS

The Toyota and Mondeo ones look alright though

The Peugeot 308 and DS ones like a bit naff like an after thought in the lower bumper, or small on the DS

The Toyota and Mondeo ones look alright though

Lexus/Toyots ones are nice tbh. I've not seen many mondeos with them tbh maybe 1/2

3.18 minutes on this one for Mondeo

Lexus

DS (rubbish looking)

The Golf has them now as well

could barely tell that the DS even has them hahaha.. they look very avg.

toyota/lexus ones are decent though

While I agree the LEDs are very smart, I’m not sure the SE/Sport lights are THAT bad. But then I would say that

ca622b572e9e5460124afdd247e69417.jpg

b8ace40e9dbfab4527c7ba1d6f0d6682.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear/see as I just haven’t the funds to stretch to the S-Line. Silly me said no back in November when it was only £25pm more per month to upgrade now I begrudge paying the £56.

It’s only a 2 year lease so I’ll see what deals are out before it’s up and hopefully look forward to the upgrades then.