DTUK pedal box on a manual?

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
I see good reviews on the S-tronic but was wondering if they're any good on the manual? Are they specifically made to suite a DSG and manual or is it the same box for either?

I see good reviews on the S-tronic but was wondering if they're any good on the manual? Are they specifically made to suite a DSG and manual or is it the same box for either?

I had the dtuk for a bit and was very good until I changed intake and pipe then the clutch slipped.

I’m Apr stage 2, will the map already have done what the pedal box does?

I have used mine on my manual for two years and wouldn't remove it.
Now when I turn if off car feels too placid, kinda comes alive and feels more eager/responsive when using it. I use the middle setting, almost threw the motor in a hedge on the race setting in wet conditions but that was me sort of trying to provoke it and its response surprised me.

I am stage1 with it and still makes a chunk of difference in feel, if not necessarily performance.
Important to note that it doesn't change anything nor make the car do anything it wasn't designed to do, just affects the response from the throttle pedal......not that you will give a rats being stage2.

I have used mine on my manual for two years and wouldn't remove it.
Now when I turn if off car feels too placid, kinda comes alive and feels more eager/responsive when using it. I use the middle setting, almost threw the motor in a hedge on the race setting in wet conditions but that was me sort of trying to provoke it and its response surprised me.

I am stage1 with it and still makes a chunk of difference in feel, if not necessarily performance.
Important to note that it doesn't change anything nor make the car do anything it wasn't designed to do, just affects the response from the throttle pedal......not that you will give a rats being stage2.

Thanks for that, I’m just trying to get the most out of the manual box, Ive ordered a short shift and am fitting a clutch stop. Just trying to tighten everything up.

Once I went stage 2 I took the pedal box off. I had dtuk box and pedal box.

I have the forge short shifter, I have also done the clutch blender valve mod and clutch spring mod.

It now drives like a normal manual car should haha

Once I went stage 2 I took the pedal box off. I had dtuk box and pedal box.

I have the forge short shifter, I have also done the clutch blender valve mod and clutch spring mod.

It now drives like a normal manual car should haha

I’m happy with the weight of the Sachs organic so probably won’t do the spring removal but I’ve not heard of the blender valve mod, what’s that and what does it do? Cheers....

There’s a washer in the bleeder block that can be removed.

I found the pedal spring removal made an enormous difference to the feel.

You don’t get the delay on the clutch when changing gear.

Do you mean the delay when changing up quickly and it takes a second for the power to come on. Also where did you set your forge shifter to? Thanks

Reactions: MikeParkin
Do you mean the delay when changing up quickly and it takes a second for the power to come on. Also where did you set your forge shifter to? Thanks

Yes that’s right pal.

I set mine to the minimum so the shift is very short.