DSG Oil & Filter change at what age/mileage?

AUDI_ADDICT

Reaction score
Hi,

Cant find a definitive answer from searching for this..

I was looking through my service book the other day and noticed that the DSG oil & filter box had not been checked on any of its 3 services (20/40/60k). Anyone know if it shouldve been done? I only ask as when pulling away it kinda clunks into 1st. Ive read this can be common on the DSG box, and a fluid & filter change can help, but im wondering if it shouldve been done on one of the services it has had so far?

The guy I bought it off in December had it for a couple of months as a stop gap before buying a Q7, and said it had had its 60k service done, and although dealer stamped, I'm wondering if he would've shelled out for the cost of a service if he was only running it for a short period of time?

Can I call my local dealership & ask for records of what was done?? :think:

62k on the clock, '07, 170 TDI

Thanks

DSG oil and filter should be done at 38k intervals, just had mine done!
And yes Audi can check what has been done, they have a central database and can see what other dealers have done as well as themselves.

If you have no history of it being done on the car - just book it in with Audi. Saves headache long-term.

Once serviced, follow their advice for the next interval :)

Similar situation when I bought mine mate, had plenty of services nearly 2 a year but no record of DSG oil and filter. Cost me 179 from audi

^ sensible owner ^

That is the best thing to do - whether it has been or not. If you can't see a stamp - get it booked in asap

Or phone the dealer if they say it has been done, go and get your book stamped and save the money. The advice to get it done anyway really is pointless if its been done at the correct intervals

I advise getting it done, like I will get my own oil change done on a vehicle - because I panic about the correct viscosity.

Usually if Main Dealer service something, they make a note in the book (recalls included). If it isn't there - then ringing the dealers is a good idea. I hadn't thought of this. If they have done it then great - you've saved a few pennies :)

hey guys - is there any fluid thats out there shown to be better than the OEM DSG fluid (like a Motul product or similar)? Just curious..

Good question.

I don't think I'll think about that stuff - far easier letting them do it. If you find an oil that's better for it please inbox the make :D

(i don't know how to salute yet, i'm new)