Driver's seat uneven ?

xpoweruk

TTTS 8J Smile Machine
Reaction score
1 thing that I have always felt with the S4 seats is that I feel off center slightly in it.
So I had a measure the other day & it seems that the driver's seat is lower at the centre console side by around 7-8mm.
I think I will investigate further to see if I can adjust this somehow.

cant say iv noticed xp but i'll check it out just out of interest

Reactions: xpoweruk
Cheers Chop,maybe it's my fat *** :)

Reactions: Chop.
hahaha i'm not holding out much hope for mine then, i'll raise you on that 7-8mm :tearsofjoy:

Sorry if I've got it wrong but, has this not got something to do with what the driver experience in the B8 and probably the B8.5 cars has always been "slagged" about, ie the driver when sitting correctly in the seat is not presented with the steering wheel straight/square ahead and the pedals centrally located below the wheel. This might be more of an issue with the 6MT cars, like I have, but I was aware of this prior to buying my S4 and I can live with it - but I do notice it, ie your body gets twisted slightly when you are driving it - which is not ideal.

Reactions: Meemo
Sorry if I've got it wrong but, has this not got something to do with what the driver experience in the B8 and probably the B8.5 cars has always been "slagged" about, ie the driver when sitting correctly in the seat is not presented with the steering wheel straight/square ahead and the pedals centrally located below the wheel. This might be more of an issue with the 6MT cars, like I have, but I was aware of this prior to buying my S4 and I can live with it - but I do notice it, ie your body gets twisted slightly when you are driving it - which is not ideal.

It is exactly that.Not a big issue,but if I can improve it it will be a bonus.I'll have to wait for better weather mind :)

Reactions: Meemo
I've often considered fitting a foot rest to my S4 but never quite got round to trying to, initially I thought that there was not enough space between the trans tunnel and the edge of the clutch pedal, but since my wife has got a new Polo, I've found that the space in it is roughly the same - and it gets a foot rest, though the clutch and brake pedals on that car have heavily "shielded" covers to avoid your foot trying to wander into the wrong area under the pedals!

Edit:- maybe sooner than later we will be able to spot B8 S4 6MT drivers walking around - they will be the ones with a "rolling gait" due to hip problems?? (please tell me I'm wrong)

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
This has bugged me for 4 years of ownership, I am already lost in the big seats as I am small, let alone sitting at a funny angle, I always presumed it was this was on purpose to give more leg room when you are using the foot rest on the left, seeing as they are motorway cruisers.

I think that you will find that What Car etc etc all picked up on this issue when they were all testing the B8 A4 a long time ago!