!!!DPF!!!

RSTHRILLER

LOVE 5 BANGERS
Reaction score
Hi my car is a 57 140 2.0 tdi a4 b7
Has it got a dpf ?
Some say it does some say it doesn't
I'm looking at getting a decat and a back box delete then a map I think it already has a egr blank plate on any more good mods let me know thnx
LET THE MODS BEGIN

No, the 140 bhp engine does not have a DPF, only the 170 bhp 2.0 TDI engine had a DPF fitted to it.

Yh I'm doing it for the spool an then a remap

Reactions: tony mc
mine has a full miltek exhaust, straight through back box's and i've deleted the center box from the system, no cat, no egr stuff, running 187 bhp and 433 Nm's of torque, stage 3 paddle clutch to take the torque, its a different car, now thinking about a 170 turbo so i can go to 200/210bhp safely without needing to do the injectors, hopefully lol.

Reactions: DieselJake
You wont make any power modding the exhaust as its a derv, you will get a better spool without the cat though

Mine was noticeably quicker with a straight pipe and it wasn't just the noise tricking me, there's a video of a Leon and a 3.0tdi (A6 maybe?) somewhere which were put on the dyno before/after cutting off the back box with a fair few bhp gained, the design of the back box is absolutely silly on VAG car's, then of course there's the weight of the exhaust, not saying it'll become a rocketship and gain 50bhp but bang for buck a straight pipe is one of the cheapest ways to gain power and increase smiles per gallon (if you like the sound, if you don't luckily with diesels they're only really noisy when your stepping on it).

That article you linked was pretty cool by the way, some of it is slightly optimistic but for the most part it's quite accurate which is a breath of fresh air to some of the stuff that gets thrown around about these engine's haha.

Mine was noticeably quicker with a straight pipe and it wasn't just the noise tricking me, there's a video of a Leon and a 3.0tdi (A6 maybe?) somewhere which were put on the dyno before/after cutting off the back box with a fair few bhp gained, the design of the back box is absolutely silly on VAG car's, then of course there's the weight of the exhaust, not saying it'll become a rocketship and gain 50bhp but bang for buck a straight pipe is one of the cheapest ways to gain power and increase smiles per gallon (if you like the sound, if you don't luckily with diesels they're only really noisy when your stepping on it).

That article you linked was pretty cool by the way, some of it is slightly optimistic but for the most part it's quite accurate which is a breath of fresh air to some of the stuff that gets thrown around about these engine's haha.

i could be wrong about the exhaust Jake ? i've just heard off people and read that on diesels it wont gain power ??? all i know is when mine was dyno'd before the map it was 138bhp with the modded miltek, there was defo better spool up with the miltek but did it gain more power or just change the way it was delivered ??? maybe @desertstorm can shed a bit of light if he see's this, he has got some good knowledge on tuning diesel's

mine has a full miltek exhaust, straight through back box's and i've deleted the center box from the system, no cat, no egr stuff, running 187 bhp and 433 Nm's of torque, stage 3 paddle clutch to take the torque, its a different car, now thinking about a 170 turbo so i can go to 200/210bhp safely without needing to do the injectors, hopefully lol.

Forgot to mention it'll definitely do that without injectors :happy:

i could be wrong about the exhaust Jake ? i've just heard off people and read that on diesels it wont gain power ??? all i know is when mine was dyno'd before the map it was 138bhp with the modded miltek, there was defo better spool up with the miltek but did it gain more power or just change the way it was delivered ??? maybe @desertstorm can shed a bit of light if he see's this, he has got some good knowledge on tuning diesel's

To be fair I have no personal evidence it's just what the butt dyno told me haha, thing is most people don't get a before/after dyno for decats or when they get rid of anything else in the exhaust as they're generally all in preparation for a map, to be honest I haven't seen the inside of a Miltek exhaust but I imagine they're much better than stock.

This is the stuff I was talking about anyway, it's a 1.9tdi and 3.0tdi but judging by the backboxes and stuff I've seen the same applies, and again the weight alone is worth it in my opinion.

Leon with straight pipe before/after

A6 backbox insides

Before/after A6 backbox delete

To be honest they're probably some of the video's that influenced me to go straight pipe and like you say it spools a load better without cat's or dpf's too.

Only paid £400 all in for a turbo back stainless steel exhaust which is probably why I'm saying it's the best bang per buck, I know some people towards London quote silly money and maybe it's not worth it for everyone but I think a turbo back exhaust will be the first mod I do to any car from now on (until I get something sensible... that won't be modded... which will probably never happen).

Some exhaust silencers can be quite restrictive. And have a definite effect on spool and the amount of power produced. With any turbo engine any restriction on the exhaust side is not good but changing to a much bigger pipe size and going straight through may sometimes only yield small returns, if the standard exhaust is good.
This was the rear silencer on my B5.5 pd130 Passat. It made a good deal of difference getting rid of this.
IMG 1486

IMG 1488

However the resonator in the middle didn't really make that much difference. Just gave the car an annoying drone.

IMG 0377

good info there gents, nice one. those rear box's are mental, i can see the point of gutting them better now, my rear box's are straight through, and there's no center box any more just a 'y' into the two pipes to the rear box's, Jake your exhaust was more than my miltek, it was £280, 3 month old with the receipt, the lad got banded and took it off his car and i was in the right place at the right time :yum:

Reactions: DieselJake
Defo on my list now. Might just remove back box's and fit a straight pipe rather than gutting them.

My Cabby started as a 140. Fitted a K&N panel filter, It’s had the cat gutted, egr delete, custom made straight through cat back exhaust with no silencers and dyno’d custom map. ****** things amazing now. Sounds pretty good under load for an old oil burner too lol. It surprises a lot of so called fast cars.

Got a vid
good info there gents, nice one. those rear box's are mental, i can see the point of gutting them better now, my rear box's are straight through, and there's no center box any more just a 'y' into the two pipes to the rear box's, Jake your exhaust was more than my miltek, it was £280, 3 month old with the receipt, the lad got banded and took it off his car and i was in the right place at the right time :yum:

Any of the above mods done to a B7 140 with CVT multitronic boxes. I have a B7 Sline 140 automatic and I want it to be a ‘bit more responsive’. And it has done only 68k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't see why not Tash, go for a remap mate it'll sort it out

Reactions: V6_Man
i'd swap the limiter for a launch any day, the mapper (dyno remaps, in teesside) got more out of it upping the rev's without it, we had it at 191bhp but i think the turbo wouldn't last like that too long so i said leave it as is, it cuts in at 42000 rpm, but i never go that high when driving so its just for a bit of crack really