door lights???

terrysingh

Reaction score
hey hey.... sorry i'm finishing work in a bit and i'm off to the pub!!! anyway... last night i was on a late one and on leaving work, normally when i open the car door the interior lights come on and the red light and muddle light on the door, it seem my drivers rear aint working, none of the lights come on.

i do know there a micro switch in the lock, that works the lights and tells you which door is open on the DIS, has anyone had this problem or know of a fix, its intermitant and starts working if i give the door a good slam. it must have started the week as the litte ones child seat sits on the drivers side and the lights where working last weekend?:keule:

Do you know if its the microswitch at fault..?? i.e. have you noticed that its not showing on the DiS when the door is open.

If its sill showing up on the DiS it cold be as simple as a dodgy connection/earth at the bulb.

hi
the DIS does'nt even tell you if the doors half on the latch, tried wd40 works on and off,

Disarm your alarm and open then close the suspected faulty door,dont put your keys in the car.Then wait to see if the alarm rearms itself.If it does its the switch.Was on mine anyway.

I just changed the switch in the door.Quite cheap from a breakers or ebay.It can be repaired but if i remember right its a pain in the ****.
Just be careful not to put your keys in the car if thats the only door you have opened.Its a right **** when the alarm rearms and your keys are on the fecking seat.:keule:

arthurfuxake said:
I thought the alarm only rearms if the boot or drivers door isn't opened within a set time?

If someone got in the back the alarm would rearm and lock em in.

Be careful with this one. I had the problem that my door light on the passenger door was staying on. It turned out to be a fault in the door lock circuitry which also blew up the electric window control module when it caused a short..luckily Audi replaced the module free of charge as they assumed it was also faulty..