Door Close

himself26

Reaction score
S3 8L drivers door wont close properly. It keeps bouncing back to secondary latch sort of thing.

Any suggestions ?

Sounds like it just needs adjusting, there are various ways to adjust things to make the doors line up, close properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it just needs adjusting, there are various ways to adjust things to make the doors line up, close properly
emoji4.png

It was working fine until the outer handle started sticking now & then so i wd40'd it & grease the lock mech. Now the door trys to bounce open when closing it. Ive adjusted the catch on the B post but still the same :(

Ah well if the door handle is sticking then it might be not being in the correct position to catch the B pillar catch if that makes sense. Almost like it’s in a half open position.....

Reactions: himself26
Fairly common Mk4 chassis issue... door latches worn and/or gummed up... I don't believe these are available nowadays but you can potentially grab a second hand one and try it or strip the one you have and clean/relube it as thats often sorts the issue

Mine do the same... need to get around to taking them apart one day

<tuffty/>

It was working fine until the outer handle started sticking now & then so i wd40'd it & grease the lock mech. Now the door trys to bounce open when closing it. Ive adjusted the catch on the B post but still the same :(
The WD40 done it! Put some on due to a freezing open in cold issue ,door closed perfectly before I put some on to lubricate it cleaned it off with electronics cleaner now back to normal.

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network