Does anyone else suffer from bird poo?

Nigeltdi4life

Reaction score
I'm sick of all this bird poo landing on my car. Its been going on for 6 days straight now. Everyday without fail when I leave home for work I spot bird **** on my car and all over the driveway. Today was the worst, I spent the bank holiday cleaning my car and then I decided to open the windows to let some air flow through on a warm day...... Guess what happened.... Bird **** straight through the window onto seat..... Perfectly.

ac1b029626e39ed373b3d7a1502a1336.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
I'm sick of all this bird poo landing on my car. Its been going on for 6 days straight now. Everyday without fail when I leave home for work I spot bird **** on my car and all over the driveway. Today was the worst, I spent the bank holiday cleaning my car and then I decided to open the windows to let some air flow through on a warm day...... Guess what happened.... Bird **** straight through the window onto seat..... Perfectly.

About 5 years ago I was sat in traffic with my window down and a bird poo hit the door and bounced in my face.... it was horrible. Since then I rarely have windows down and would never ever purchase a convertible for the fear of it happening again... I feel your pain

Reactions: David McQueen, richinsoton, AudiNutta and 3 others
I know what you mean, it seems the **** gets attracted to dark colour cars more! Wish I could get a 12 gauge shotgun and blow the ******* out of the sky! Where I work its near a packaging plant and for some reason they seem to flock there and my car isn't far from their plant!

RATS WITH WINGS!!

Someone tell me the benefits of pigeons to the food chain!?

Reactions: AudiNutta, Nigeltdi4life and Audi Bairn

I'm sorry mate I feel your pain and yes it is annoying. but I have to admit your rant did make me smile :) I can picture you coming out with it in the pub, it would be funny as f**k.

Sorry.

Reactions: richinsoton, AudiNutta and Nigeltdi4life
Haha funny comments guys. At least I know it's not just me. Funny enough I went on Google and search "why do birds keep pooing on my car" and I got this result:

"These car colors attract the most bird poop. A recent study has revealed redcars attract more bird droppings than any other color. The research, conducted by online retailer Halfords, revealed redvehicles made up 18 percent of carsmarked by birds, while blue followed along in second place at 14 percent."

WHY DO I HAVE A RED CAR LOL

Reactions: PanamaS3 and richinsoton
Yes, its my biggest bug bear and normally happens after I spend hours cleaning the car...

Reactions: richinsoton
animals-parent-parenting-life_lessons-targetting-bird_poo-jlvn765_low.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S., Jassyo06, richinsoton and 5 others
Haha funny comments guys. At least I know it's not just me. Funny enough I went on Google and search "why do birds keep pooing on my car" and I got this result:

"These car colors attract the most bird poop. A recent study has revealed redcars attract more bird droppings than any other color. The research, conducted by online retailer Halfords, revealed redvehicles made up 18 percent of carsmarked by birds, while blue followed along in second place at 14 percent."

Actually that statistic is worthless without knowing the proportions of different colour cars.
Having said that, I seem to get more poop on mine since I got a red one!

Yes, its my biggest bug bear and normally happens after I spend hours cleaning the car...

I cleaned mine today and it's like glass, I bet by 12.00 tomorrow it's got bird muck on it:

Glass

Reactions: AL_B, azibux1 and Nigeltdi4life
Just out of curiosity what do you guys use to clean up bird droppings? I had some autoglym bird droppings wipes that my dad got in an autoglym gift pack with his Q5 but they've ran out lol

If it's all over your driveway as well, it is likely to be Starlings nesting under the tiles of either your house or one close by. They are in and out feeding their first brood of chicks (April & August) at the moment and they carry the poo from the nest when they fly out and typically drop it under the same flight path. The only cure is to either blast them out of the sky with a high powered air rifle or block up the gaps where they nest. :gun2:

Reactions: Muttley75, davc and Nigeltdi4life
Just out of curiosity what do you guys use to clean up bird droppings? I had some autoglym bird droppings wipes that my dad got in an autoglym gift pack with his Q5 but they've ran out lol

My detailer told me simply use a wet microfiber cloth. Let it sit and soften for a while of course to avoid scratching the paint.

If it is a fresh wet one lol... I often slosh it off with a bottle of water from the boot or a watering can if I'm home (and just put up with the watermarks it leaves as it's the lesser of two evils)

Reactions: AL_B

Damp MF cloth in microwave for 30 second, then leave the cloth on the poop for 20 second and it comes straight off.

Reactions: jungle650

Tesco baby wipes, always have a packet in the boot. Place over the poop, let it rehydrate and then gently wipe off.

Reactions: jungle650
Last house tree over the drive, birds would watch me cleaning the car call their mates over have a few beers, party like. Then wham **** everywhere as soon as I went back indoors. It was pre-meditated.

I tried having a stern word with them, suspected the Robin was the leader. Threatened them with corks up their jacksees if they didn't reform. Nadda, **** everywhere.

Chopped the tree down. Party over. :)

Reactions: David McQueen, Mark_86, BarryG79 and 5 others
Damp MF cloth in microwave for 30 second, then leave the cloth on the poop for 20 second and it comes straight off.

Will have to try this idea !

Reactions: Rob2k68
I asked my detailer that question and his answer was - ideally using a pressure washer as any contact is bad contact, but as others have said a hot wet microfibre to loosen it and another clean one to remove.

Evert time i wash my car and its sparkling clean i get attacked by birds. Never happens when its dirty. The birds def like sparkling white ones lol

Reactions: BarryG79
If it's all over your driveway as well, it is likely to be Starlings nesting under the tiles of either your house or one close by. They are in and out feeding their first brood of chicks (April & August) at the moment and they carry the poo from the nest when they fly out and typically drop it under the same flight path. The only cure is to either blast them out of the sky with a high powered air rifle or block up the gaps where they nest. :gun2:

Also, depending on where you live, it's the swallows or swifts who've just flown in for the season.
When we build the house 18 months ago I put plastic bird spikes on the underside of all the peaks at the eaves and dormer windows (and on the Sky dish where other birds sit) as that's where they generally nest. Worked a treat. They go to other properties nearby but at least it avoids them constantly flying over ours cars as much as poss.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I've told her if she does it again on my car I want a divorce !

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mark_86, Tristan2 and 7 others
Bird poo is a serious frustration of mine. I remember when I got the car in 2015 and a few days later a bird poo'd in the morning on a sunny day and it was left to bake into the paint until the afternoon only to cut through the lacquer. I hate those damn flying parasites...

Reactions: GGP and glospete
Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, azibux1 and 1 other person
Always happens after you put the buckets away have a cuppa then walk out to admire you're hard work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They see "shiny cars"
f4afaa7bd76f7baed458c5b34e37931d.jpg

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Flatcap, Rob2k68 and 5 others
Mauve??!!....................... I mean, Mauve!!? Who are these twelve thousand people :scared2:
My daughter has a new Audi SQ5, that would be described as mauve or purple. Lovely rich, dark colour - not sure what its name is though.
I do know that it cost £2500 extra though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
You're more likely to get pooped on with a clean car. Birds see their reflection and think its another bird on their turf so attack. We've just recently moved offices back to the quayside and my car has been covered :(

Si :)

I propose Audi rename their colours as follows:
Scuba Poo
Shatalunya Red
:yahoo: this post for the win :scared2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, AudiNutta and 4 others
F'ing starlings ggggrrrrrr.

We've got a nest in the roof above where my car sits on the drive and it has taken a right battering in the last few days.

Luckily my Bilt Hamber Autofoam takes the cr@p right off without having to resort to wiping it off

I blasted one of the little feckers with it the other day as it left the nest lol.

Reactions: Retroman and Audi Bairn
I propose Audi rename their colours as follows:
Scuba Poo
Shatalunya Red
:yahoo: this post for the win :scared2:
Daytona sprey. Diarrhoea effect

Reactions: PanamaS3 and AudiNutta
I was quite chuffed reading this that since it was detailed it hadn't had any on it, until I went out at 6am this morning. Thankfully the car was wet so it was easy to soak it up in with the water, I'm not sure if it was a bird or the smug looking duck that was sitting on the roof of the house watching me!

Reactions: AudiNutta and richinsoton
I had just picked my car up and was driving down a bit of carriageway when bam!!, right in the middle of the bonnet and over the windscreen.
I have to give credit to the bird, what a shot, I was doing about 70 at the time !!

My red GTI used to get crapped on all the time, especially at this time of year, lots of seagulls round our factory.
Parked my mums Grey car in the same place for the six months I was waiting for the S3 and not a single splat.
First day I brought in the S3, big crap all down the back window and tailgate..

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn
I have a lot of trouble with bird poo. In my case it's Wood Pigeons or Herring Gulls. They make a big dollop. More like a cow pat than bird mess! I cleaned 8 deposits off the car yesterday. Ridiculous!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It really p*sses me off how they seem to target freshly polished/waxed cars. Spent the whole day monday polishing and then sealing the paint only to be greeted by a huge splosh of sh*t all over the bonnet first thing Tuesday morning, unbelievable lol.

What are you guys using in terms of protection for your paint? The crap had somewhat dried by the time I saw it but it wiped off quite nicely with a bit quick detailer and a microfibre cloth. I used meguiars ultimate liquid wax to protect the paint

Reactions: Bells
Be careful if wiping it off at all, even after softening with water or detailer spray.
I managed to leave a deep scrape in the paint as the **** was full of grit. I just power hose it off now.

If the sun has managed to bake it in, especially seagull crap, it can still damage the clearcoat.

I just use collinite 476s which offers some protection but you probably need a clear wrap or a shotgun to stop all damage.