1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do people notice your RS3?

deMarcus94 Nov 29, 2020

1. deMarcus94

deMarcus94 New Member

I saw a similar topic on a forum regarding the BMW M2, so I decided to open a topic here too to hear what you have to say.

How much attention your RS3 gets in the city?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jsimba

Jsimba Registered User

I don't know about other people but I like my RS3 for the very fact that it's understated and goes largely unnoticed except by those who know!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

NevMan and Riko0073 like this.
  4. Riko0073

Riko0073 Registered User

Not in the city as I live in the country but yes nice attention with lots of head turns and positive comments.

Ive always thought the RS3 is on the right side of looking special without being too in your face, although to most it might look like a very nice hatchback but those that know always give an admiring nod to acknowledge what’s under the bonnet.

infernox and NevMan like this.
  5. FBF01

FBF01 Registered User

My RS3 gets loads of looks in and around Edinburgh city centre in slow moving traffic, always from young guys or the keen petrol head, sticks out as it’s nardo. My wife is always saying how much attention it gets when she’s in the passenger seat. I love it but one guy did say I love the colour, what is that, battle ship grey at a petrol station lol.

infernox and NevMan like this.
  6. Djpfrozenp

Djpfrozenp #RS3

Always good attention from my side. People always come up for a chat when i’m filling up at a petrol station.
    My Wife says it gets loads of attention when driving through towns.
    If she ever uses it people always do a double take when she gets out of it though haha.

NevMan likes this.
  7. wuta3

wuta3 Registered User

2020-11-03_16-24.png
    Mine does

garethdj, jebusRS, NevMan and 2 others like this.
  8. kayemill

kayemill Registered User

I’ve had mine for coming on five years and a few months ago when lockdown was briefly lifted I drove into my sons skatepark car park and got a hands on head “oh my god” from a teenager. And when I left I got a funny accent saying “That’s a bit of a beast like” from a guy in his twenty’s.

NevMan likes this.
  9. JM 772

JM 772 Registered User

Your RS3 definitely shouts LOOK AT ME, but in the nicest possible way, i really love the colour :rockwoot:

wuta3 likes this.
  10. Paulbean

Paulbean Registered User

Used to get a fair bit of attention, people waiting by it when I came out of the shop etc, but now it's debadged only the die-hard petrol heads notice it's different from an A3 tdi, which is fine by me!

DW81 likes this.
  11. Alli_RR

Alli_RR Registered User

nope, under the radar - just how I like it, full on stealth mode!

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ARESSTREE

ARESSTREE Registered User

Ultimately the RS3 is a sporty looking Audi A3 to joe public and that suits me fine as I want it to blend in. Given it’s mythos black, it does the trick.

I think it will certainly standout if it’s in a vibrant colour but then again that’s probably why the owner bought it for attention.

14. RS3 ROCKS

RS3 ROCKS steve

My colour of Porsche Riviera Blue makes it stand out a little to much. Every boy racer from a Fiesta 1.1 up to more distinguished cars such as Aston Martins and Porsches just want to race you at every opportune moment lol. I never tire of the looks though TBH and such a rare colour and spec will always make it an easy sale

15. infernox

infernox Registered User

Yeah mine does but mainly from car guys. Latest one was a guy in a range rover.

16. Jsimba

Jsimba Registered User

The main time mine gets attention is when I'm at the car wash. Almost without fail someone will come up and comment on it or start a conversation! I quite like that though as they're always car guys and just appreciating the car, wanting to know about it or tell you how much they like it.

I've not had many people trying to race me when I'm out and about sadly (I like their optimism) but I have had the occasional boy racer in a Fiesta ST or something similar try to tailgate me on the motorway... I always enjoy seeing them disappear into the distance of my rear view mirror

Aside from that, I really like the understated nature of the RS3. Those who know, know. And everyone else assumes you're in a family hatchback

infernox likes this.
  17. D0C

D0C Registered User

I find it’s the noise that people really notice. I’ll very often be just pootling along and people will turn around wondering what is coming down the road. It sounds quiet from inside but is obviously not!

infernox likes this.
  18. Tartaris

Tartaris Registered User

Yeah, I get asked about this car all the time, as much as I think it's somewhat understated. The purply shade of the car seems to really turn heads....

Only last night I was approached about it whilst filling up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

infernox, RS03WKS, DW81 and 4 others like this.
  19. BI33

BI33 Registered User

I find the noise of my car gets people intrigued rather than the looks which is fine by me .....

Not many ‘everyday’ cars sound better than an RS3 on noise ... I think that’s what gets most people, they turn around expecting an exotic and then see a small sedan/hatch flying past them

infernox likes this.
  20. BI33

BI33 Registered User

I find the noise of my car gets people intrigued rather than the looks which is fine by me .....

Not many ‘everyday’ cars sound better than an RS3 on noise ... I think that’s what gets most people, they turn around expecting an exotic and then see a small sedan/hatch flying past them

21. Tartaris

Tartaris Registered User

Yup....good point. Even mine that is OPF, certainly turns heads from the sound. I remember my neighbour telling me after driving behind me, the RS3 sounds like a baby Lambo/supercar. That 5-pot sound sure is nice! Can't wait to get a Uni downpipe and de-OPF this thing!

infernox likes this.
  22. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

That’s a beauty Tartaris

23. infernox

infernox Registered User

That's strange, I get people trying to race me fairly often nowadays. Usually is the Fiesta ST's or random BMW cars/transit vans. Really annoying tbh, sometimes my ego takes over and I have to show them the power of the rs3 lol.

grainqey and Jsimba like this.
  24. Jsimba

Jsimba Registered User

I must be doing something wrong

It can certainly be very annoying, but the occasional one provides some mild entertainment!

grainqey likes this.
  25. ArrEssDrei

ArrEssDrei Member

Mine turned no heads until I got it remapped and they gave me asbo pops and bangs that made me look absolutely retarded driving though town at 20 mph backfiring away (despite me specifically asking the tuner not too). I've since had them mapped out, and though the car is awesome sounding under acceleration it just has a deep decat 5 pot burble now and again turns no heads unless I get on the loud pedal. There's times I miss the attention but for the most part I enjoy the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the RS3. I do still get cut off on the motorway regularly (usually by BMW's), and the odd person in a car park tat walks over to check it out. For the most part its not to fly under the radar, but to have unlimited acceleration on tap any time the mood strikes.

infernox likes this.
  26. Riko0073

Riko0073 Registered User

I really enjoy the pops/burbles mapped in on my OPF car, they’re not OTT and really controllable via throttle input so as you say I don’t look like a ****** popping and banging through town! It does really give the car that Jekyll & Hyde personality. Still no pre OPF or PFL sound levels but just about right for my personal taste.

ArrEssDrei likes this.
  27. Nickyc

Nickyc Registered User

Normally it gets no attention, just how I want it, but got some bad attention the other day when I drove it to collect something from somewhere. Not around my home. Some dodgy looking people in a quite new Merc on a mini roundabout followed me into the estate until I drove into a driveway to get rid of them. I am sure they were trying to see where I lived.