DIY Intercooler piping?

Stifler

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I started to gather parts for FMIC but i cant find anything on outer diameter of throttle body, i know i need some kind of silicon reducer but unsure witch size. And where to buy it. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks TOM.S, unfortunately i didn't have time to do it, and wanted to order to arrive till weekend. But other parts what i ordered also didn't arrive i need to wait till next weekend and start to test fit it.

What pipe work you using in the throttle body pipe? Was looking at it earlier and I reckon you could get away with 2 45's and a alloy joiner.

I ordered 2 45 alloys and small map sensor mounting tube. First i gonna go with silicon joiners, later to weld them together. But now i starting to think about changing my intercooler :D What i have is tube and fin type, and maybe i can go with bar and plate style and with not needing to modify the crush bar.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I did my own pipes on my b6 got all my parts from ASH auto silicone hoses seemed pretty good! I'd love to do a fmic on the b7 kits are so pricey! Good luck :grin:

Yes they are over priced. I don't think that i gonna hit 250 pounds mark in the end. Only if i change my intercooler for better one, but first i gonna try this ebay intercooler.