Disklok on s3

Tomo01

Reaction score
just wandering will a disklok ft flat bottomed steering wheel ok.

Reactions: musicegbdf
Yes mate does fit but is quite tight..but doesn't leave any marks..if that helps

Reactions: Tomo01
Got the small one on our defender, bit clunky until you get the hang of unlocking it I find

Yes your right,it's a bit bulky but always use mine

Hi mate, did you go for the Autowatch Ghost?

Same here :)

I get so many people rip the p**s into me for it in work.

"Look at your £38k car and it doesn't even come with a steering lock". My response now is just that the S3 is the most stolen car in the UK, do you blame me? The response is often "fair enough".

My mate that just bought one, I persuaded him to buy in on one because he doesn't live in a good area and the car is parked in the street. He doesn't use it often, never in work... out of embarrassment I think.

I had one yesterday off my boss "Do you have your steering lock on in the car park?", "yes, why?", "it is in the car park, why?".
I simply don't see the point in having it if I don't put it on. My car was in sight of the road, the barrier can be lifted by hand.. if the car did get taken, I'd never forgive myself haha. It's like central locking, just because the car is behind a barrier it doesn't mean you don't lock your car just because, what use was the lock in the passengers footwell. It goes on in my garage too.

I will never forget a story of theft in a factory car park going back a couple of years when I had my Fiesta. A young girl had a Fiesta ST, a van pulled up to security and said they were there to fit new tyres on the white ST in the car park. They got the go ahead, let on site.. took all 4 wheels, left the car sat on the discs and drove out with all 4 wheels in the back in broad daylight. They stop at nothing these days, it's sad.

Reactions: richinsoton
I get so many people rip the p**s into me for it in work.

"Look at your £38k car and it doesn't even come with a steering lock". My response now is just that the S3 is the most stolen car in the UK, do you blame me? The response is often "fair enough".

My mate that just bought one, I persuaded him to buy in on one because he doesn't live in a good area and the car is parked in the street. He doesn't use it often, never in work... out of embarrassment I think.

I had one yesterday off my boss "Do you have your steering lock on in the car park?", "yes, why?", "it is in the car park, why?".
I simply don't see the point in having it if I don't put it on. My car was in sight of the road, the barrier can be lifted by hand.. if the car did get taken, I'd never forgive myself haha. It's like central locking, just because the car is behind a barrier it doesn't mean you don't lock your car just because, what use was the lock in the passengers footwell. It goes on in my garage too.

I will never forget a story of theft in a factory car park going back a couple of years when I had my Fiesta. A young girl had a Fiesta ST, a van pulled up to security and said they were there to fit new tyres on the white ST in the car park. They got the go ahead, let on site.. took all 4 wheels, left the car sat on the discs and drove out with all 4 wheels in the back in broad daylight. They stop at nothing these days, it's sad.
I don't care what anyone says tbh, as long as my car is there when I finish work ;) A lad I work with had his R6 stolen from the works car park, the area it was parked in (by the main pedestrian entrance) was covered by both security lights and monitored cctv. When he reported it missing to security they told him that a van had pulled up, two blokes got out, opened the back doors and pulled down a ramp, then pushed his bike into the back of the van and drove off. He said why didn't you drive around there and stop them? "We are only here for plant security, cars are parked at your own risk". To say he went ballistic was an understatement.

Many moons back I gave my sister a steering wheel lock and a handbrake lock to use on her cavalier SRi. She came down one morning and the car was gone off the drive...I said they must have taken a while to get through both locks. "No, I'd left them on the backseat, I don't put them on outside the house". :blink: I bet the people who took it had a right old laugh at that.

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
I used a pro too.

Out of interest, what do you all do with it when driving? I usually put mine in the passenger footwell with the long bar along the side of the seat. Its very annoying tbh but wouldnt consider not using it

Not yet..just gotta get a free day to get it fitted buddy
Have you got someone local lined up for fitting?

I used a pro too.

Out of interest, what do you all do with it when driving? I usually put mine in the passenger footwell with the long bar along the side of the seat. Its very annoying tbh but wouldnt consider not using it
Same, passenger footwell going diagonally so it doesn't slide. If I have a passenger it goes behind me on the floor.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Sandra and OST
Reactions: Tomo01
Reactions: Bristle Hound
I don't care what anyone says tbh, as long as my car is there when I finish work ;) A lad I work with had his R6 stolen from the works car park, the area it was parked in (by the main pedestrian entrance) was covered by both security lights and monitored cctv. When he reported it missing to security they told him that a van had pulled up, two blokes got out, opened the back doors and pulled down a ramp, then pushed his bike into the back of the van and drove off. He said why didn't you drive around there and stop them? "We are only here for plant security, cars are parked at your own risk". To say he went ballistic was an understatement.

Many moons back I gave my sister a steering wheel lock and a handbrake lock to use on her cavalier SRi. She came down one morning and the car was gone off the drive...I said they must have taken a while to get through both locks. "No, I'd left them on the backseat, I don't put them on outside the house". :blink: I bet the people who took it had a right old laugh at that.

Omg nightmare, how he stayed sane I will never know. You'd at least expect a urgent phone call in work to say get yourself into gear the bike is on the move. Some people. Prime example now, I just popped to ASDA and heard a car alarm, my senses sprung and I ha da look around.. when I saw it was a Yaris having a moment, I could then relax haha. I will always be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

What did she say after that? You are right there, the thieves would have been rinsing themselves with the locks rolling around on the back seat as they likely wouldn't have touched it.

Reactions: richinsoton
I used a pro too.

Passenger footwell, nightmare. I always have to drive more gentle because it slides and bangs around. I need to spend some time looking for a fastening point.

Reactions: OST
Same, passenger footwell going diagonally so it doesn't slide. If I have a passenger it goes behind me on the floor.

How do you place it to stop it sliding please? I can't stop mine sliding whatever I seem to do, its a nightmare.. hate hearing it bang around.

Reactions: OST
Have you got someone local lined up for fitting?

Yes mate guy from St Helens.. p l autotek...a amazing reputation

How do you place it to stop it sliding please? I can't stop mine sliding whatever I seem to do, its a nightmare.. hate hearing it bang around.
Could you not put it in the boot under the cargo net so it holds it in place?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

What did she say after that? You are right there, the thieves would have been rinsing themselves with the locks rolling around on the back seat as they likely wouldn't have touched it.
Not a lot, just a gutted look :)

Pro

Yes mate guy from St Helens.. p l autotek...a amazing reputation
Handy to know, not that far to go for a good job. What price has he quoted if you don't mind me asking ;)

Could you not put it in the boot under the cargo net so it holds it in place?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Doesn't work, the net doesn't hold it down enough and it's a right pain in the backside going in and out of the boot all the time!

Thank you, I will be trying that. I put mine in the footwell and slide it back under the seat and it never stops moving.
Be careful putting it under the seat, there is an airbag connection under there!