Discount / GFV

I would personally cancel the order and replace with say Coventry who last i checked offered me a 12.6% discount (so says a website) original price 41965, new price 37268.

Apologies if I've missed it but when is the ordered car due to be ready?

Delivery within a week. If i re-ordered I could be looking at end of Jan/Feb delivery, which is a month before the new plate comes out.

I see your dilemma but I'd rather save a couple of grand and wait.

2low out of interest can you PM me the person you spoke to please? I went to Cheshire Oaks less than two weeks back and can't praise how good they were. They also did better than £1000 off! Maybe I got the last of the good deals/price match!!!

I see your dilemma but I'd rather save a couple of grand and wait.

Right, I've just been into the dealers and asked to speak to the sales manager. To cut a long story short, I was essentially told that they could quite easily sell my car in the showroom and that I am quite right be be miffed. No offer of further discount, told categorically that they won't offer discounts on S/RS cars (despite what S32B says) and shown the door.

Im going to cancel and order from Coventry, aiming for a March 1st collection or might even go for an exclusive paint like I always wanted.

That's bizarre, if you are in the area I could even show you the paperwork to prove it!

Right, I've just been into the dealers and asked to speak to the sales manager. To cut a long story short, I was essentially told that they could quite easily sell my car in the showroom and that I am quite right be be miffed. No offer of further discount, told categorically that they won't offer discounts on S/RS cars (despite what S32B says) and shown the door.

Im going to cancel and order from Coventry, aiming for a March 1st collection or might even go for an exclusive paint like I always wanted.
You've made the right decision IMHO :thumbs up:

Shocking behavior and service from the other Audi Dealer 2low4u :keule:

That's 4 people now collecting 1st March from Coventry lol, wonder if they can cope that day haha (Sunday)

That's 4 people now collecting 1st March from Coventry lol, wonder if they can cope that day haha (Sunday)
I maybe a December collection LF, depending on 'incentives' that may be offered to collect it early ;):D

That's bizarre, if you are in the area I could even show you the paperwork to prove it!

I believe you, but as mentioned to you over PM, car salesmen are slippery.

Sorry to hear that you haven't been successful in getting a better price. I think you have done the right thing in cancelling and waiting. Seems gutting to lose a grand but you have to think that you will be saving money in the long run.

That's a pretty poor show from your local dealer mind you.

I havent signed any forms, I've simply paid the deposit over the phone. Legally does that bind me into a contract? i.e can I get my deposit back?

I'll give it a shot, Im confident legally I'm in the right as I've not signed anything nor have they delivered the car. The sales manager admitted himself he could sell the car I've ordered twice over with the spec its got.

Not sure if true - but at an Audi event today they were quoting people 5 months for a Saloon, 5 months for the cab and 4/5 months for SB/S3. I'm surprised they still seem to be having fairly long build times as it's not exactly new now. RS6 is apparently 3 months.....

£1,000 is a pretty poor discount. I'd personally get my deposit back and walk away. I think you should try your luck at a dealer with a car that has its spec still amendable with a better discount.

We are fast approaching winter. I am away for 2-3 weeks in November and we also have christmas etc, so not a huge amount of driving is going to occur. May as well wait for a 15 plate one in the spring when all the salt subsides.

Reactions: Pulp84
Pulp, your suggestion is noted however, thanks.

Just to add - if you haven't signed anything then guess you can have your deposit back?

Shocking customer service been served at you 2low4u! Right decision made in cancelling and get your deposit back as nothing signed.Their loss in my opinion and word of mouth travels fast to avoid that dealer!!

You 've been backed into a corner with only one outcome possibe! Walking away...

I do feel completely mugged off to be honest, plus its ruined the whole premium brand new purchase experience for me. I bought a Discovery last year and i cannot begin to describe how much better the customer service was from LR, poles apart from the Audi experience. The sad thing is the morons in mobile phone salesmen suits that scuttle around selling white Q3's to the Cheshire set will continue to do so. I however will seek out the best deal for my S product safe in the knowledge they will be losing out when I change up to a new shape S4 (fingers crossed) in 3 years time.

Wow, I got a little personal there... Its been hard enough waiting for 9 weeks for the car and with a week to go i'm now staring at another 4.5 months! Can you tell I'm frustrated?

Lol - 2low....you are frustrated!

I try and do a fair bit of research on the dealer and it's "feel" before I purchase. When you find a good one they are excellent. Many are crap as you have found.

Hopefully when you get your deposit back you can take your time (it's winter after all - horrible time to get a new car as you noted!) and find the deal and dealer that feels right with you. ;)

Im seriously tempted to keep my powder dry for an RS3. If I keep aside the payments i'd already budgeted for next year i'll easily get one!

They will carry on selling regardless but at least they won't get any commision from you!!

A matter of pride and all that...

Reactions: 2low4u
Im seriously tempted to keep my powder dry for an RS3. If I keep aside the payments i'd already budgeted for next year i'll easily get one!

I asked my dealer today about RS3. They have had to put in numbers for their initial allocation and got 3. They had been told to expect their first examples to land early August 15 so still a bit of a wait!

Im going to head over to North Wale Audi this morning armed with the quote from Coventry to see what they can do. If they can match it then happy days, if not Coventry will get my business.

Im going to head over to North Wale Audi this morning armed with the quote from Coventry to see what they can do. If they can match it then happy days, if not Coventry will get my business.
Good luck mate, just play it cool and tell them how it is! "This is what I can get it for, if you can match it I'll sign today, if not a I'll take a drive".

Reactions: 2low4u
I am in exactly the same predicament as you @2low4u , ordered an a3 saloon from Cheshire oaks audi paid a £500 deposit with part ex aswell, was told at the time that there was no audi discount available on the saloon, but only recently have I discovered from these forum the companies carwow etc, im tempted to get intouch and push for a discount!! only problem I may have is that ive signed the order form and paid the £500 deposit, Do you guys think its worth a go for some discount and tell them straight no discount no car and go else where??

So options are - walk away and lose £500 or save potentially quite a few ££'s in discount from a broker or another dealer.

Know what I'd do.....

Lose £500 or save potentially quite a few ££'s in discount from a broker or another dealer?

Know what I'd do.....
where would I stand with having signed the order form and apparently the car is at the port ready for shipment lol

I think that once you have agreed a price and signed the form it puts you into a legally binding contract. Over the phone is different, as it comes under the new 'Consumer Contracts Regulations'.

It may be worth a call and see if they can sweeten the deal with a free service or something!

I think that once you have agreed a price and signed the form it puts you into a legally binding contract. Over the phone is different, as it comes under the new 'Consumer Contracts Regulations'.

It may be worth a call and see if they can sweeten the deal with a free service or something!

Just banged an e-mail over pushing for discount, see what happens I guess!! cheers

You've more chance of getting a w*nk off the pope than them giving you a further discount. Ive sent an e-mail cancelling mine, Im in the process of ordering one from Coventry Audi as we speak. Even with custom paint it's still working out £1000 cheaper than Cheshire Oaks Audi.

You've more chance of getting a w*nk off the pope than them giving you a further discount. Ive sent an e-mail cancelling mine, Im in the process of ordering one from Coventry Audi as we speak. Even with custom paint it's still working out £1000 cheaper than Cheshire Oaks Audi.

how did you get on at Llandudno?

For what its worth, I've also been to North Wales Audi in Llandudno this morning, they were prepared to offer £2000 off a £41,600 car, which is a lot better than Cheshire Oaks, but still not enough to get my business even if they are only down the road.

They can only keep your deposit if they can show that they have already incurred expenses directly involved with ordering your car.

Also - you are paying for good & services, no goods = no money.

Read the T&C's on your order form, it will normally say deposits refundable at dealers discretion, so go and see the Head of the Dealership. And then escalate to Audi UK if necessary.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Pulp84 and 2low4u
I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I can see where Cheshire Oaks are coming from with this.
They could easily retail that car in the showroom and expect a walk in within a couple of weeks, I've been there and worked in an Audi dealer and the sales managers have targets to hit, with margins too. Your name was against that car and they had you down as healthy profit. If they give you a nice discount now then the salesman loses out, as does the sales manager. Unfortunately that's how most of them think, short term gains. Also the sales department and service couldn't care less about each other, so if you're not going to service your vehicle with Cheshire, then the sales guys couldn't give a damn (sad but true).
HOWEVER, you've now gone elsewhere, they've lost your business and now everyone on here knows how unhappy you are with that dealership. Bad reputations are hard to shake off, look at Bexley, I've never been but I wouldn't ever go based on the feedback on this forum.
Glad you've got out of the car however and wish you well hunting a cracking deal for a new build.

Reactions: mister.c. and Liquidfusion-S3
I'm going to ruffle some feathers here, but I can see where Cheshire Oaks are coming from with this.
They could easily retail that car in the showroom and expect a walk in within a couple of weeks, I've been there and worked in an Audi dealer and the sales managers have targets to hit, with margins too. Your name was against that car and they had you down as healthy profit. If they give you a nice discount now then the salesman loses out, as does the sales manager. Unfortunately that's how most of them think, short term gains. Also the sales department and service couldn't care less about each other, so if you're not going to service your vehicle with Cheshire, then the sales guys couldn't give a damn (sad but true).
HOWEVER, you've now gone elsewhere, they've lost your business and now everyone on here knows how unhappy you are with that dealership. Bad reputations are hard to shake off, look at Bexley, I've never been but I wouldn't ever go based on the feedback on this forum.
Glad you've got out of the car however and wish you well hunting a cracking deal for a new build.

Well said!

Reactions: naughts4187
I agree, they were only doing their job at the end of the day, that I don't deny. When it comes down to pounds shillings and pence however, I'm quite happy exercising my right to be a see you next tuesday in cancelling it just as they exercised their right to blag me into paying well over the odds for the car.

I agree, they were only doing their job at the end of the day, that I don't deny. When it comes down to pounds shillings and pence however, I'm quite happy exercising my right to be a see you next tuesday in cancelling it just as they exercised their right to blag me into paying well over the odds for the car.

Have a look at the sales order that you'll have signed, this should make specific mention of whether or not the deposit is returnable on cancellation. I know that the one I signed states clearly that the deposit is NOT refundable, but as this was a "distance sale" through car wow the current consumer regulations trump this and I would be able to obtain a full refund. As this was a direct sale, I suspect that you'll be b#gger#d as far as legal entitlement goes. I'd still be suggesting to them that they'll easily sell the car from the showroom (they've already said as much to you) and on that basis from a simple PR point of view it would be in their best interests to give you a refund. You could also approach Audi UK on that basis, I'm told tat they're much more conscious of negative publicity than some individual franchises.

Coventry Audi seems to be the place that's offering the best discounts, through car wow, orangewheels, or carfile, and I'm imagining they're snowed under with new orders, based on the number of emails and 'phone calls that they don't respond to.

Hope you get a good result!

I guess my decision is: Order now with a minimal deposit and part ex OR hang it out till new year and hope for better discount and have a bit more in the pocket to lay down too......