Disabling 2005 Audi A3 8PA SportBack Brake pads warning light in the center cluster screen

Aleksasv

Reaction score
Hello,

For a while now I have been trying to find out how to disable the brake pads! error in the center instrument screen on my 2005 audi a3. I have checked different tutorials and the coding in my modules differs from the one's in the tutorials. I am unable to find the brake pad wear sensor anywhere in vcds execpt for in the advanced values section.

Is there a way to disable it without touching the wires because there is just no wire left? Also, maybe it's possible to somehow disable the whole screen in the center of the cluster? I would turn it back on, I just need to pass MOT since in my country they won't let me pass if there's any errors, checks in the cluster.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6936.JPG
    IMG_6936.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6937.JPG
    IMG_6937.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6938.JPG
    IMG_6938.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6939.JPG
    IMG_6939.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
Just fix the problem then you don't need to worry about coding.

Reactions: LEE69
Just fix the problem then you don't need to worry about coding.
There is no wire left and it is really difficult to fix the issue. I would need to get to all of the wires that are inside of the car. I'm looking for a easier way out, since this is only necesarry for the MOT. I don't mind the brake pads error myself, it can be there.

go to adaption then look for a channel call "special function" or something along those lines. you can disable it in there.

Just so i get this right . Retrofitter 1 and unkown 0

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

There is no wire left and it is really difficult to fix the issue. I would need to get to all of the wires that are inside of the car. I'm looking for a easier way out, since this is only necesarry for the MOT. I don't mind the brake pads error myself, it can be there.
You don't need to go into the car, you usually splice in a new loom in the engine bay, it's a pain but that way it's resolved.

I've done this for clients & it fixes the issue.