Dilemma choosing b7 or b8 avant

Shepp

Reaction score
Hi folks
Just purchased a b7 2ltr TDI 170 quattro se and it broke down a mile into my journey home so its now in the workshop having a camshaft sensor fitted as the fault was it cutting out on me whilst driving. Also possible new battery and or starter motor at the expense of the seller but I got to wait obviously over a week for all this work. Now he has offered me a avant a4 s line TDI 143 b8 09 plate instead for an £3500 I paid £2700 for b7 with FSH 126k on clock remapped dpf egr delete. B8 standard FSH but 155k on clock. Any suggestions as to which one to go for. B8 is cleaner car.

very easy answer, which do you prefer.
Given he's already sold you a problematic B7 then it's very possible you will get a problematic B8.
it's your choice i'm afraid.

very easy answer, which do you prefer.
Given he's already sold you a problematic B7 then it's very possible you will get a problematic B8.
it's your choice i'm afraid.
I have actually brought a car off him a few months ago as he is a mechanic at Honda and he seems an honest guy as he's straight away had the car back to remedy and offered my a full refund. But yeah which do I prefer, will know when I view it tomorrow. Just was wondering how much more progressive the advances of the b8 were over the b7 as this being my first Audi. Well I will let you know tomorrow my choice

I'd much rather have a higher spec previous model than a poverty spec newer model.

Not even a question

High spec car will always be a high spec car. Age is irrelevant

I'd much rather have a higher spec previous model than a poverty spec newer model.

Not even a question

High spec car will always be a high spec car. Age is irrelevant
Totally agree always done that in the past. This time I went for the b8 slime avant as it was specced OK and the interior and drive in my opinion were superior to the b7.