Dents on the bonnet..

humkar

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my 14 plate A4 seems to have dents on the bonnet. I rarely drive the car and last Friday was the first time I drove it in a long time. Anyways I noticed on Sunday morning 2 dents, on the front edge of the bumper near the driver side headlight. I can't figure out if they were caused by a big stone/s whilst driving or by someone with malicious intent. Anyone seen dents like this by stones? I do remember hearing a loud knock whilst driving but never thought too much of it at the time.What do you guys think?

Really gutted but such is life and these things are material things. Anyone know any good paint shops in Birmingham who can help me sort this out?

49e9dc43ecd0201456624b191fa7d61e.jpg

Thanks for reply. Any in particular? I googled and a few came up. Also the lacquer seems to have cracked. It's difficult to see but there's a horizontal line below the dents. That's the paint looking like its going to crack. Not sure if PDR can sort it but worth an ask.

Anyone in Brum able to assist with a good Paintless Dent Restorer or body shop?

Is this why there is an instruction to drop the bonnet to close it - I think so, I used to be a bit guilty of being gentle with closing the bonnet but taking risks with the front bonnet surface as I applied the final closing push!!

I wondered how weak the bonnet is, it doesn't half move around at 70mph. Must be very light/thin.
Have you tried any of the national ones? I suppose it's a too deep dint to try gently heating with a hair drier from the underside to see if it pops back? Seen vids where they do this, then cool quickly with a can of PC clean air cans upside down.

City Centre Care Care on Bradford St in Digbeth. Approved by lots of big companies like Audi, Jag, Aston Martin, Bentley etc. Will do a fantastic job but it won't come cheap.

I'll give city centre car care a go. Tbh I don't think a PDR company can pull this out. I think it's a respray job. How much should I pay around for bonnet respray?

Also I'm thinking of fitting a clearbra after this. Anyone tried doing one for them self?

Here's some more pics, difficult to see
Uploadfromtaptalk1453306570045
Uploadfromtaptalk1453306576513
Uploadfromtaptalk1453306579765

The paint does look damaged. Chips away or something might be good?
I paid £150 for a bonnet spray a few years ago.

The paint does look damaged. Chips away or something might be good?
I paid £150 for a bonnet spray a few years ago.
Thanks for reply. Taking it to paint shop tomorrow. I rung a DPR and they looked at the pics and said they can't dent repair it. He said it will need painted and quoted me £450 for full respray. Too expensive but will see tomorrow what the paint shop says.

Anyone tried to clear bra their own car? How easy was it?

I don't know what "clear bra" is. I have Ventureshield paint protection film on my car - and it would not have prevented a dent like that. A scratch or a chip, then yes - but not something that large hitting it.

I don't know what "clear bra" is. I have Ventureshield paint protection film on my car - and it would not have prevented a dent like that. A scratch or a chip, then yes - but not something that large hitting it.
Clear bra is the paint protection film. You're right, a ppf won't do something like that but hoping it LL protect the bonnet from chips. Did you put that on yourself?