Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, where do you want to visit next?

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Guys, where do you want to visit next?
The Audi factory in Ingolstadt please. Think we should arrange a holiday via The Ring lol.

Reactions: AudiNutta, THQuattro, leshkin and 1 other person
Maybe where they test all R8,s and RS6,s and can we do it over a weekend with beer.

Reactions: NL316 and Ian Whiffen
Reactions: Ian Whiffen and THQuattro
Maybe where they test all R8,s and RS6,s and can we do it over a weekend with beer.
Yeah the secret VW test ground at Ehra-Lessien in Germany with the 9 km straight bit lol

Reactions: THQuattro
I know that Basingstoke Audi were keen to host events just like this. I'm in regular contact with the master tech there so can help with arranging this if you like. Let me know Sandra!

Reactions: Sandra
I know that Basingstoke Audi were keen to host events just like this. I'm in regular contact with the master tech there so can help with arranging this if you like. Let me know Sandra!
Hi Jay, yes help be appreciated with this :)

Aha ha yeah well my kids both went in it so why not me !!
Exactly Ian. I don't want to burst your bubble here, but not all dealerships have R8's

Exactly Ian. I don't want to burst your bubble here, but not all dealerships have R8's
Noooooo. Lol. This is Berkshire we are talking about, very tiddley posh. That's all they drive around in.

Lol guys. How very English, tiddley posh.

Reactions: THQuattro and Ian Whiffen

Basingstoke Audi (despite being in Hampshire and not Berkshire and therefore arguably less posh :playful:) do regularly have R8s in their showroom and workshop, so you won't be disappointed.

@Sandra, do you have any dates in mind or an idea of timescales?

Basingstoke Audi (despite being in Hampshire and not Berkshire and therefore arguably less posh :playful:) do regularly have R8s in their showroom and workshop, so you won't be disappointed.

So are you saying that "In Hertfordshire, Herefordshire and Hampshire Huracans hardly happen Eliza" ? Rofl

How about July ?

In July we'd need to be careful to avoid other major VAG meets, so how about these dates:
  • Saturday 23rd
  • Sunday 24th
  • Saturday 30th
  • Sunday 31st

Sundays are generally best for meets IMO but I don't want to break any conventions so I'll take your lead. Depends on the dealership too I guess. I've suggested the idea in principle to Basingstoke Audi now anyway and they're definitely keen, just waiting on sign-off from management.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and Sandra
Sunday's are always the favourite so either 24th or 31st be good.

I've had a few discussions with my contact at Basingstoke Audi now and I have good news and bad news...

Bad news :cry:
The dealership is undergoing a £1m overhaul starting in a few weeks' time, so July is out of the question.

Good news :relaxed:
The idea of the meet has been officially approved and a new date of Sunday October 30th suggested to ensure that the overhaul is complete in time. They're fully invested in the idea of the meet and have some fantastic ideas that should make for a very special event. I can divulge the following for now:
  • Catering to be included
  • Full access to their workshop
  • RS & S models on display
  • Pre-bookable guided health checks

There are some other plans afoot that I'll keep as a surprise for the day, but if they can pull it off it'll make for an unmissable occasion for Audi fans!

Reactions: rhys1210, Rumpelkillskins, Ian Whiffen and 3 others
:cry::racer:Could we do Newbury Audi instead. October is faaaaaaaar away ?

Mind you, it looks like you have a few things gong on for Basinstoke! I'll have to contain myself till Oct :fearscream:

I've had a few discussions with my contact at Basingstoke Audi now and I have good news and bad news...

Bad news :cry:
The dealership is undergoing a £1m overhaul starting in a few weeks' time, so July is out of the question.

Good news :relaxed:
The idea of the meet has been officially approved and a new date of Sunday October 30th suggested to ensure that the overhaul is complete in time. They're fully invested in the idea of the meet and have some fantastic ideas that should make for a very special event. I can divulge the following for now:
  • Catering to be included
  • Full access to their workshop
  • RS & S models on display
  • Pre-bookable guided health checks

There are some other plans afoot that I'll keep as a surprise for the day, but if they can pull it off it'll make for an unmissable occasion for Audi fans!

I definitely love the sound of this.

:cry::racer:Could we do Newbury Audi instead. October is faaaaaaaar away ?

Mind you, it looks like you have a few things gong on for Basinstoke! I'll have to contain myself till Oct :fearscream:
I will phone Newbury see what I can do :)

Reactions: RAF_S7
I will phone Newbury see what I can do :)

Thanks Sandra, but lm about to change jobs and there is a good chance lm going to be out the country by the end of August. Gutted l'll miss Basingstoke and/or Newbury as these are both my locals :cry:

Thanks Sandra, but lm about to change jobs and there is a good chance lm going to be out the country by the end of August. Gutted l'll miss Basingstoke and/or Newbury as these are both my locals :cry:
When will you be retuning?