Dead Key Fob or Dead Car?

Jordib

Reaction score
Hi

I only have one key for the car. The key fob didnt work when i got it so i changed the battery but it still isnt working.
I have tried putting it in the door turnin one way then pressin the button etc and nothing is working...

Could the actual fob be bust or is there something in the car that may not be working?

Another question is when i unlock the car manually with the key only the driver door opens no matter how many times i turn the key. Only when i stick the key in the ignition and turn to the reds does the other doors automatically open... is this normal? I think its weird an want to be able to open all doors when opening driver door.

Thanks

My old b5 was exactly the same, I was lead to believe the fob needed reconfiguring which I assume Audi charge a fee for doing.

So the car opens manually via the key but won't start? Strange for it to not open via the fob AND not start, would imagine it's some ECU related issue but best to get it on vag-com for a bit more info.

Edit: above post could be onto something, try a different key if you have one.

So the car opens manually via the key but won't start? Strange for it to not open via the fob AND not start, would imagine it's some ECU related issue but best to get it on vag-com for a bit more info.

Edit: above post could be onto something, try a different key if you have one.

U miss understand... the car starts fine lol

Try the re-sync. The is loads of links on how to do this. If tha fails then you may need it doing through vag-com. I had the same problem with me 8L