Facelift Deactivated keyless sensors....

T

T-800

Been testing a tweak for disabling the door/boot sensors on a keyless RS 3, works ok, car cannot be opened/ locked using door handles now, fob buttons only.

Start button works as normal.

Makes you wonder why anyone would spec it in the first place.

Makes you wonder why anyone would spec it in the first place.

Was part of a pack on the FL RS 3.

Was always confident I could turn the door/boot sensors off so kept it because of the start button.

Yes, please do tell. It's a bit of a pain having to lock with the fob and press the handle button to disable keyless (but not a major chore).
Is it a VCDS thing?

Reactions: 1664Hatter
Easier solution is to put your key in a faraday pouch - very cheap and work perfectly

I can say that in Sweden approx one car per week was stolen in the beginning of this year and now its like a couple cars per week so this is a new fast feature for thieves to steel cars.

I didn`t think it was that common but news today confirms it and its probably gonna explode even more. Deactivate doors is the only option for me.

Was it possible with vcds to deactivate? If so, how much time does it take? Audi time costs about 200£/hour here.

Get a signal blocking pouch for your keys....
and an Autowatch Ghost....
It is upsetting that we have to disable an all round good feature because of a few robbing ***** and poor manufacturer security, with aftermarket products like the AWG I don't really know why it isn't a manufacturer option or standard!

Speaking to the chap who fitted my AWG yesterday, he thought similar systems are going to be fitted as standard by all manufacturers in about 18 months or so

Speaking to the chap who fitted my AWG yesterday, he thought similar systems are going to be fitted as standard by all manufacturers in about 18 months or so

Mine said that a couple of dealers were having Autowatch come in and fitting before handover as they had a relationship with them, I would guess it is only a matter of time.
How are you finding the ghost?

Get a signal blocking pouch for your keys....
and an Autowatch Ghost....
It is upsetting that we have to disable an all round good feature because of a few robbing ***** and poor manufacturer security, with aftermarket products like the AWG I don't really know why it isn't a manufacturer option or standard!

Makes no odds to me @zaka7 whether its having press the unlock button on the fob, yes it's a MAJOR issue getting that fob out my pocket:whistle2:,or effectively 'pressing' the square or pulling the door handle itself, but i like the fact no scum can fool the car into 'opening' up now.

As i already said the Start up button still does what it needs to do.

All the 'other' measures i have just add to the layers..........:readit:

People spend ££££'s on Paint protection etc.........i prefer to 'protect' the car as a whole and not worry about where the next stone-chip is coming from.

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Mine said that a couple of dealers were having Autowatch come in and fitting before handover as they had a relationship with them, I would guess it is only a matter of time.
How are you finding the ghost?
Only had the car for a day! It does seem a proper bit of kit though - don't activate the Bluetooth function though as it firstly becomes discoverable (although how anyone would find it buried in the loom is beyond me), and hackable.

It is a bit alarming (excuse the pun) though when you try to start before the double flash and the dash illuminates with every fault possible!

Only had the car for a day! It does seem a proper bit of kit though - don't activate the Bluetooth function though as it firstly becomes discoverable (although how anyone would find it buried in the loom is beyond me), and hackable.

It is a bit alarming (excuse the pun) though when you try to start before the double flash and the dash illuminates with every fault possible!

No chance I am activating the app, oh really? I haven't had fault codes or anything, just the normal lights on a standard start up when I did it, cause he made me try to start it without the pin to show it working...

Makes no odds to me @zaka7 whether its having press the unlock button on the fob, yes it's a MAJOR issue getting that fob out my pocket:whistle2:,or effectively 'pressing' the square or pulling the door handle itself, but i like the fact no scum can fool the car into 'opening' up now.

As i already said the Start up button still does what it needs to do.

All the 'other' measures i have just add to the layers..........:readit:

People spend ££££'s on Paint protection etc.........i prefer to 'protect' the car as a whole and not worry about where the next stone-chip is coming from.

Haha, you know what I mean :grimacing:, I'm not arguing the inconvenience of an extra second or so, but it is just pants that we feel we can't use a feature to it's full benefit, having my key in my gym bag and not having to dig for it is a good one.

Although your method stops the keyless booster, it doesn't stop someone mirroring the signal as you lock your car and walk away, they can just relay it and get in, obviously to then be stopped by your AWG anyway.

Reactions: 5pot
@T-800 Is it possible to share what you have done to disable the keyless entry?

The tweak is not in settings, checked yesterday on an PFL and you need vcds or Audi themself to get it done. I don’t really understand this thread at all saying that you can do something but not telling all facts, pointless?

The tweak is not in settings, checked yesterday on an PFL and you need vcds or Audi themself to get it done. I don’t really understand this thread at all saying that you can do something but not telling all facts, pointless?

What’s your boggle ?????

Have you spent any time with VCDS or VCP testing different tweaks etc ?!!

By the sound of it No !!

Yet you come on here whinging and moaning when someone won’t give you what you want.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yes, please do tell. It's a bit of a pain having to lock with the fob and press the handle button to disable keyless (but not a major chore).
Is it a VCDS thing?

I didn't realise this until it was posted here (good reason to read the manual!!). Really handy to know and means car is safe. Thank you.

What’s your boggle ?????

Have you spent any time with VCDS or VCP testing different tweaks etc ?!!

By the sound of it No !!

Yet you come on here whinging and moaning when someone won’t give you what you want.

Bad day for you? Just wondering you saying that you have ”tweaked” and tested and it would be great hearing how you did it but couldn’t find it in your new thread, is it so strange asking and you don’t want to answer it? Why mention it than at all here?

Ok, you are maybe good himself on vcds but no I am not, sorry about that. I haven’t bought vcds yet and therefore I am asking what you did? Although have friends who has it and have seen it, yes.

Reactions: D0C
Bad day for you? Just wondering you saying that you have ”tweaked” and tested and it would be great hearing how you did it but couldn’t find it in your new thread, is it so strange asking and you don’t want to answer it? Why mention it than at all here?

Ok, you are maybe good himself on vcds but no I am not, sorry about that. I haven’t bought vcds yet and therefore I am asking what you did? Although have friends who has it and have seen it, yes.

If you contact VagCarCoding @DJAlix (forum sponsor) they can assist with this request.