De-chrome, do I don’t i?

Jamie B D

Reaction score
Hello

I’ve not long brought a Audi A4 TDI 2.0 and am very happy with the car, however I must admit I’m very keen on a chrome delete (if that’s what you call it :) )

The colour of my car when your close to it is a dark blue but when looking from 20 meters or more looks black! I would like some advice on whether you think it would work and if so Matt or gloss and any advice on the grille. Is there an option to change and if so to what and what colour would suit best?

I appreciate any help and pictures please to give me some idea.

I’m a novice to all this but am starting to build a real love for audi’s.

Thanks very much

J

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    386.8 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: J20ONY
Many threads like that already here. Have a look through as majority of them also have input of people who did it.

I attempted it with plastidip to mach other car bits i already have dipped. Failed there as door rubber seals rubbed the dip and it started to peel off. Looked horrible so after nearly a week only, it went off. I still kept it on other parts, which have no contact with anything else.

I you want to do it, get it done professionally. Wrap would be your best option.
Don't try to see if you can do it yourself and if all chrome can be taken off for it or for replace with black optics. It is pita to get the window trims off and probably not worth it. Think majority members who did it would agree here on it, as cost to get it out, wrap it or paint it, would be bigger than just give to wrap when on the car. And to replace it, just too expensive.

Thank you for your response. The more I’m reading and watching since I started on here I think the wrap is the way forward.
Thanks for your advice.
Could you tell me also, am I right in believing the rs4 grille will fit straight onto my car?

Cheers
J

Hey J,

Doubt RS4 grille would easily fit but RS style should without any problem.
Aftermarket honeycomb RS style grilles are widely available on fleeBay and not that expensive.
If you want oem RS4 grille, you probably need to take the whole bumper overhaul route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely wrap mate... had all the chrome on mine done in black - including the wing mirrors (grey) I’ll get some close up shots taken for you, it’s a bit mucky at the minute mind as on our way down to the Alps.

Attachments

• 53916355-8087-49FD-906A-56A8F3DA0C44.jpeg
    53916355-8087-49FD-906A-56A8F3DA0C44.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 170