DBW conversion, more snags.

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Just had a phone call from my brother and the damage to the loom is far worse than first thought. :-( Fortunately the ECU has communicated on the bench and the Revo file has been successfully overwritten with a file scaled to enable the use of the injectors we have.

I've located an APU engine loom from an A6 to kick start things again.

1. Can I use my existing lambda sensor?
2. How much of the original engine loom can I retain.
3. Does anybody have pinout data for the ecu plugs.
4. What do I do about the MAF sensor or can I reuse what I have already?
5. Any advice on getting the harness on and the car running.

On the bright side, from what he said he's found there is no way on earth the car could have been sorted so at least I don't feel bad for breaking the car up.

Reactions: Browett1982
APU is narrowband, so yes the stock lambda is fine. You might need to change the plug.

You really want the entire APU engine harness. I think i have one if your stuck.

You need an S3 MAF ideally (and you'll need to load in the MLHFM from the S3 file). better to use a MAF with known calibration data that you can just drop into the ECU.

I've got diagrams and things, if you send me your email i can send them across.

You will need the white connector from the ECU box, and as much of the wiring as you can recover. The white connector goes to the throttle pedal, clutch and brake switches. If its toast, then you'll need to get it from a breaker (along with the switches). You'll need to splice in the DBW brake switch connector.

For the main harness plugs, you will need to snip off the original plugs and solder them onto the plugs from your original AEB harness, using the wiring diagrams to match up pin function on each side and ensure they are the same.

When i did my track car, i wrote a list, with the AEB pinouts on one side, and the S4 pinouts on the other. Figured out the matching wires, and joined them one by one.

it sounds bad but its really not that bad you just need to be methodical. I made a list of every part i changed, i'll see if i can find it.

Had a bit of a result. Brother has offered to take my A4 while the Mrs and I take the TT to Germany so he can crack on with it between other jobs.

And thanks again for the info.