1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash trim repair

1781cc Jun 12, 2018

1. 1781cc

1781cc New Member

hi all, need some recommendations on what glue to use to fix my glovebox trim panel carbon back onto it’s plastic back as it’s become separated.

I know the panel is curved and I’ve already tested holding it together with cable ties so that it can set to form, I just need a good, permanent, slow setting glue.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mikep99

mikep99 Active Member Team Phantom Audi RS4

Have a look at JB Weld.
    Comes in 2 tubes.
    I've used it a few times and very impressed.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member

I've always liked using Araldite (two part - there's a fast & a slow setting version) - it sets hard & I have experimented and found that a small scoosh of paint can be mixed in to colour match it.

Rob Avant likes this.
  5. 1781cc

1781cc New Member

Thanks for the replies, J-B Weld isnt stocked anywhere near me but Araldite is, so will probably give that a go - great tip about the paint and slow drying version though!

6. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Active Member Team Phantom TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Araldite is a good call... I used it on my last car to repair lots of things. Think it was held together by Araldite and cable ties in the end!