Dark's B7 Avant Tdi

Alex dark

Reaction score
So had issues with the car , and even more so with the trader I bought it off but she's now finally on the road.

In the run up to getting it rolling I did a fair bit of cosmetic work so thought it'd be worth popping a build thread up :)

Completely standard a4 b7 2.0tdi sline as I bought it ....

First thing to be changed was all the interior lights.... Got excited and changed them on the way home haha

Nowhere near as blue in really life , pretty much a pure white.

Then a bad thing happened.....BLB woes Massive coolant loss meaning a cracked head. Long story short , engine rebuild top down with a brand new amc head , cam bearings and a new ( bent Conrod ) fitted.

Dodgy oil pump was also upgraded to a later gear driven unit at the same time as the head.

After I'd sorted all that the engine came back to me looking all shiny :)

I cleaned out all the gunk from the egr valve , asv , inlet manifold and exhaust manifold. Huge amount of ***** in there resembling treacly soot. Pressure washer then a parts cleaner seemed the best way about it.

Got a picture of the bent conrod, engine had only started once since the catastrophic coolant leak! Scary stuff .....

Also the oil pump chain tensioner.... You can see where the plastic has snapped leaving the steel shaft to gouge the chain :s

While i was waiting for the engine to
Come back / get fitted I did a fair amount of exterior work to the car.

First up was the headlights... After reading about the clear corner mod I had to get it done ! Wasn't too bad a process just a bit hairy pulling the outer casings off and tricky unbolting all the innards . While the headlights were in bits I blacked them out also

Looks far more modern and a lot cleaner.

In addition to the lights the centre caps looked pretty tired with half their paint missing , so they were give an etch prime, blow over with halfords Audi silver and a good quality clear coat.

And with both renovations in place :