Custom Headlights

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
Thought id share a slightly more detailed post on one of the changes i made to the car after the repair and repaint, i did take pictures of the whole process but my phones not connecting to the laptop so ill attach some before and after pics i already have at the same kind of angle to show the difference.

Before:
Headlights before

After:
Headlights after

Before:
Headlights before 2

After:
Headlights after 2

Before:
Headlights before 3

After:
Headlights after 3

Very simple process really, i removed the headlight covers, took off the inner grey part and the inner chrome part and painted them both satin black, removed the amber lens and fitted chrome indicator bulbs then re-fitted everything gave them a couple coats of clear coat while I was painting the car to keep them protected and give them a nice shine then finally fitted osram dipped and high beam bulbs and osram side lights to give them the finishing touch, overall well happy with them and highly recommend.

Reactions: tr7, Stu_b7, jgolston83 and 3 others
Looks good , just changing a few details makes a big difference.
Loosing the amber lens for a clear one is the biggest single factor, with the other bits finishing things off nicely.

Looks good , just changing a few details makes a big difference.
Loosing the amber lens for a clear one is the biggest single factor, with the other bits finishing things off nicely.
Yeah definitely, I was never that bothered to the point of removing the bumper, headlights and splitting the lens ect but after having the time while it was off the road and seeing the difference hopefully I can inspire someone that felt the way I did to motivate them and do it as its literally a game changer for the front end.

clear lens etc knock's ten years off the B7 platform, should have been standard from the start to be honest, luckily mine was but not everyone else were.

clear lens etc knock's ten years off the B7 platform, should have been standard from the start to be honest, luckily mine was but not everyone else were.
Typical Audi fitting random parts to random cars, at least you can say that everyone's is different in some way

Reactions: Charlie Farley
In deedy Ricky , but in all fairness to Audi the clear corner lens was an update to the platform rather than just being fitted to specific models over the range.

In deedy Ricky , but in all fairness to Audi the clear corner lens was an update to the platform rather than just being fitted to specific models over the range.
I thought yours was the same year as mine? unless i was unlucky to have the old left overs or they been changed at some point in its life for the orange ones? Not sure all i do know is i give up on trying to figure out Audis spec situations lol

mine is a late december 2006 , when I order parts they seem to go from 2007 year based on VIN number.

I thought yours was the same year as mine? unless i was unlucky to have the old left overs or they been changed at some point in its life for the orange ones? Not sure all i do know is i give up on trying to figure out Audis spec situations lol

more interestingly Ricky, I was under the impression your B7 was a TFSI , according to DVSA its an oil burner...:shrug:

Upload 2020 12 20 21 40 57

That is the gov website Ricky, I Would be having words with them to make sure they have the correct details .

God knows then as ive literally just done it on gov.uk for the 3rd time today each time it says its petrol, and the hpi check i got here says petrol...

They have conflicting data on your car Ricky.
A gov check on the MOT status shows as petrol, but, a gov check on the MOT history shows as a diesel, it can't be both , maybe contact them and get it corrected as it may lead to error later on.
just a thought.

They have conflicting data on your cat Ricky.
A gov check on the MOT status shows as petrol, but, a gov check on the MOT history shows as a diesel, it can't be both , maybe contact them and get it corrected as it may lead to error later on.
just a thought.
What error would it cause? I cant really be bothered to sit on the phone waiting for them plums to answer if i don't have to lol, just pretend no one seen it and ill carry on as usual :icon thumright:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
may cause issues at some point if the mot history is checked and the car details are wrong .
I'd just email them via the gov link and get it all corrected , well thats my approach but if your fine with it then ignore it and carry on as normal.:icon thumright:

just check the mot history and all advisrory's etc on the link I put up, compare them with the mot pass / fails and advisory's you have , if they are identical then just leave things alone, if they are different then you need to get it corrected.

It can cause probs Ricky, i had the same some years back with mine.
the MOT was correct but some pratt had entered the wrong variant when doing a previous MOT and listed the car as a 1.7TDI when I went to Audi guild ford for some work they were really confused by it and even some service receipts have it down as a 1.7tdi ... I got it corrected in the end.

That aside Ricky, still loving your car, looks top notch, and dare i say better than my old bus now....:yes:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
That aside Ricky, still loving your car, looks top notch, and dare i say better than my old bus now....:yes:
Thanks Rob, i appreciate the comments, its glad to have her back in top form again, even for an old car now that red just gives her enough of a difference to stand out and admire, even sat on the drive next to this big blue attention seeking girl lol

Sars zafira