Crankshaft pulley bolts

ozzy1609

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2006 A4 Cabriolet (2.0 TFSI 8HE BWE) and want to replace the timing belt. I got as far as the crankshaft pulley bolts and discovered that all the heads have badly corroded and I cannot undo any of them.

There are 6 in total and I believe should be triple square bolts but on closer inspection there is a mixture of both triple square and hex bolts (looks like on a previous belt change someone used a mixture of bolts!).

My question is, does anybody know what the correct bolt should be for my engine. I have searched the net and nowhere can I find a company that supplies the correct bolts for my crankshaft pulley. I believe they are triple square but what is the thread diameter and thread length? M8 is a likely contender.

Also I haven't removed them yet and was wondering what is the best way to do so bearing in mind there is only a 10cm or so gap between the pulley and the radiator in which to work (unless I remove the complete front end).

Many thanks to all.

*** UPDATE ***

I have found the following from a link on this site. It took me to an online parts list and found the following:

The bolts are either N10303607 or N91143901 depending on chassis number (I think). Both refer to M8 x 16 bolts but there was a change at 8H-7-010 805.
N10303607 are for cars up to 8H-7-010 805 and N91143901 are for cars from 8H-7-010 806.

My chassis number is 8H37K014658 so I'm not too sure where I stand? Do I ignore the '3' and the 'K' where the dashes are? Any ideas?

Thanks