Correct way to Disconnect Battery

Dylsz

Reaction score
Hi all, I am installing my dash cam by hardwiring it into the fuse box, I want to run the wire down the passenger a pillar, obviously I don't want to set off my air bag, what is the best way to disconnect the battery, and will disconnecting it cause any issues?

Hi Dylsz, After disconnecting and reconnecting you may have to reset one touch automatic window open/closing system, just hold the Window switch's down for 10 seconds, up for 10-15 seconds, And you will probably have a lot of warning lights afterwards but these should all go out after a short drive!
I've attatched methods for both depending on where your battery is located.
The car may store a temporary low voltage fault in some modules but this won't cause any issues and can be cleared with a scan tool if you require but if not they won't affect the car at all

Attachments

• battery boot.png
    battery boot.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 163
  • battery engine bay.png
    battery engine bay.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Dylsz
Hi Dylsz, After disconnecting and reconnecting you may have to reset one touch automatic window open/closing system, just hold the Window switch's down for 10 seconds, up for 10-15 seconds, And you will probably have a lot of warning lights afterwards but these should all go out after a short drive!
I've attatched methods for both depending on where your battery is located.
The car may store a temporary low voltage fault in some modules but this won't cause any issues and can be cleared with a scan tool if you require but if not they won't affect the car at all

Thank you very much! Going to give this a go in the morning and finally hide those dash cam wires.

Reactions: Liam Morris