coolant on top of gear box !

S3 JOHN

Reaction score
Today i noticed a small pool of coolant leaking from my car . I jacked it up and noticed it dripping down the right hand side of the gearbox. On top of the gear box there was also coolant . Is there a common place or pipe that is prone to leak around there ? any help would be great.

There is a hose above gearbox that attaches to the block. Also houses the CTS. Maybe that's leaking.

iv run my hand around the bottom of the pipes and found nothing is there a gasket down there ?

it seems like the plastic elbow on the end of the head is prone to cracking and leaking.

Mine did this, but annoyingly, it only leaked when hot under pressure, which made it very hard to find the leak!

Easy mate.

e9c3d630.jpg

Might have to move some pipes etc to gain better access

happydays!just what i wanted to hear . Did you take the air filter box out ? thank you both for your info hopefully this is the culprit il have a proper look tomo .

You might have too. I didnt, don't have an air box. Open filter dude. But just remove/move whatever you feel necessary.

Right i found the leak today and this part is the problem . does anyone know the part number for this plastic bit ?

I just finished work, walked to my car and see a reflection of water under my car. Got the torch out and popped the bonnet...coolant on top of gearbox! Seems every issue ppl post up then happens to me :(.

Second time the CTS housing has leaked in three yrs!!

basically wt S3featesV9 said , i had to same issue turned out when i changed my CTS and didnt change the O-ring so that might be it

If I remember rite there is a plastic housing they crack and that's just above the box.

right just found out mine is a amk so i can order one now thanks fir all the info people . niceone!