Considering an S3. Is this a good deal?

Very nice. Only thing I wish they did with the black edition was to keep the aluminium mirror caps.

Reactions: CHCCubs and Djs3saloon
Very nice. Only thing I wish they did with the black edition was to keep the aluminium mirror caps.

I do agree but also think the black ones add a certain class. In my opinion, with a colour like Navarra, the black suits far better.

Reactions: James.B8
I do agree but also think the black ones add a certain class. In my opinion, with a colour like Navarra, the black suits far better.
Got a photo from the front with the grill if you don't mind please?

Cant tonight but will try and remember tomorrow for you!

Right, buying new is out the window...
Can't bare th thought of the depreciation and also the wait!!

So been quoted this on a 65 plate high spec pre FL saloon.

£7k deposit
£354 pm

Spec is as follows;
Audi Exclusive paint (some sort of blue)
Includes Bang & Olufsen sound system,MMI navigation plus,Cruise control,19inch x 8J '5-twin-spoke Star' design anthracite - partly poli,DAB digital radio reception,Audi Music Interface (AMI),Super Sports seats (front),Privacy glass,Colour Driver's Information System (DIS),Electrically adjustable lumbar support,Disc brakes - front,Adaptive headlights with turning light,Brake calipers painted in red with S3 logo,Advanced key,LED headlights,Interior lighting package,Comfort package,Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High,Hill hold assist,Bluetooth phone connection,Reversing camera,Flat-bottomed S line 3-spoke leather multifunction steering,Heated front seats,Fixed bending and all-weather light,Windscreen with sunband and acoustic glass,Black Styling package,Inlays - 3D design 'black',Door mirrors - electrically folding - adjustable and heated,Anti-theft alarm,Parking system plus - front and rear,Audi side assist,High-beam assist,Light and rain sensor

Thoughts? Only thing it's missing is pano roof but I can live without.
May put a deposit down today

£7k deposit
£354 pm

Spec is as follows;
Includes Bang & Olufsen sound system,MMI navigation plus,Cruise control,19inch x 8J '5-twin-spoke Star' design anthracite - partly poli,DAB digital radio reception,Audi Music Interface (AMI),Super Sports seats (front),Privacy glass,Colour Driver's Information System (DIS),Electrically adjustable lumbar support,Disc brakes - front,Adaptive headlights with turning light,Brake calipers painted in red with S3 logo,Advanced key,LED headlights,Interior lighting package,Comfort package,Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High,Hill hold assist,Bluetooth phone connection,Reversing camera,Flat-bottomed S line 3-spoke leather multifunction steering,Heated front seats,Fixed bending and all-weather light,Windscreen with sunband and acoustic glass,Black Styling package,Inlays - 3D design 'black',Door mirrors - electrically folding - adjustable and heated,Anti-theft alarm,Parking system plus - front and rear,Audi side assist,High-beam assist,Light and rain sensor

Still sounds expensive for an older car, but yes very good spec.

Ask them to red0 the figures with say £3k deposit.

Also if it is a 65 plate (2015-2016), you will be out of warranty in say 18 months, as no extended warranty option was selected.

What was the exclusive colour, would be good to see this one.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and James.B8
Still sounds expensive for an older car, but yes very good spec.

Ask them to red0 the figures with say £3k deposit.

Also if it is a 65 plate (2015-2016), you will be out of warranty in say 18 months, as no extended warranty option was selected.

What was the exclusive colour, would be good to see this one.
Yeah I did think that it's priced at £28,900 or something but the final payment is way less than a new car.

Yeah it only has 13months warranty I believe but I'll probably remap it etc after the first year.

They don't know the exact name of the paint but they're finding out. They think it's a "racing blue". I'll try attach a picture

Reactions: TDI-line
Hopefully this photo works

Attachments

• 30C5F0CB-2C72-46BF-8038-BDE4FF99D936.jpg
    30C5F0CB-2C72-46BF-8038-BDE4FF99D936.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 123

£7k deposit
£354 pm

Spec is as follows;

I got quoted just under £400 pm with 3k down on a brand new black edition saloon with a couple of extras! A lot of what you listed above is standard kit anyway. B&O sound is standard on the black edition S3.

As for depreciation, mine is now 2 years and 2 months old, px price vs bought price £6.5k which I thought was ok!!!

Reactions: Djs3saloon and James.B8
Just to give you an idea:

Using the S3 black edition s-tronic, via coast2coat it comes out at £34,506 take your 7k deposit from that = £27,506 to finance. Alter the figures on the Audi site to show that finance figure =

Blk ex

Reactions: TDI-line and Djs3saloon
So realistically what sort of deposit and monthly payments do you all think I should be able to achieve?

Have you thought about looking at the banks? Some of them do a pcp deal at a lower APR.
I think they said that they'd be using black horse for the lower APR as Audi finance can't go that low

Reactions: Jassyo06
So realistically what sort of deposit and monthly payments do you all think I should be able to achieve?

At the end of the day mate,all of us on here are here only to guide and help,but come the nitty gritty, its all down to you and the dealership,All us keyboard warriors will be happy as long as your happy,but to be honest that exclusive paint aint worth the extra dosh....too similar to navarra...keep searching

Reactions: ice_cube99, TDI-line, James.B8 and 1 other person
Thought I'd just login to the bank and have a look at a loan of £22k taking into account the £7k deposit you mentioned and the car being £28,900.

Over 48 months it's £505.58 per month at 4.9% (obviously all of us may have different interest rates offered to us depending on circumstances etc) but for that price you'd be buying the car rather than ending up with a lump needing paying at the end.

How did you get it so low? That seems good.
48months 16k miles per year

I didn't ask, it was just the rate they offered me to begin with. I guess different dealers have different rates. For 16k miles a year, I don't think its too bad. Its up to you at the end of the day, if you really like the car, go for it. If not, keep looking and I'm sure you'll find a better deal.

At the end of the day mate,all of us on here are here only to guide and help,but come the nitty gritty, its all down to you and the dealership,All us keyboard warriors will be happy as long as your happy,but to be honest that exclusive paint aint worth the extra dosh....too similar to navarra...keep searching
To be honest when I was speccing a new car I did choose Navarra.

Thanks for the advice all :salute:

Will be speaking to them again Monday but pretty set on this car because of the spec. Comparing it to other cars on auto trader it isn't priced too badly just the APR that's a bit of a killer.

Will try get them down on price again Monday and give my bank a call see what offers I can get from them as interest is much lower.

Reactions: TDI-line and Tom.H
Hi all,

Been weighing up my options this week for a new (to me) car as I've recently got a new job so want to treat myself. Plus I'm sick of driving manual and I'm craving an auto.

Test drove a Mercedes CLA45 AMG this morning which was lovely and sounded great.
Then this afternoon I went to Audi to compare against the s3. S3 is the way to go I think as it's much much cheaper.

I'll post the figures below just wondering if you guys think this is a good deal:

• Colour: Estoril Blue, crystal effect
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Mileage: 27,018 miles
  • Bodystyle: Hatchback miles
  • Transmission: Automatic
Listed for £26,059. I'd put down a £7000 deposit with monthly payments of £307 over 48 months with final payment of £10283.

I could put down a bigger deposit but the guy didn't recommend that.

I was also considering being sensible and buy a brand new Q3 black edition Quattro s-tronic but the s3 is calling my name.

Cheers.

Blimey that;s expensive. I'd sell you my S3, July 2014, Sepang Blue Sportsback in stunning almost as new condition, with a genuine 10,150 miles on the clock. One retired owner for £24,000

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Blimey that;s expensive. I'd sell you my S3, July 2014, Sepang Blue Sportsback in stunning almost as new condition, with a genuine 10,150 miles on the clock. One retired owner for £24,000
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll go with the Audi dealer for the warranty and spec of it. Cheers anyway :)