Coilovers getting fitted

bigblokey0

Reaction score
I'm getting some coilovers fitted and the garage asked if i wanted to have the rubbers removed i didnt know what to tell them any ideas?

Rubbers could be top mounts? Depends if the coilovers reuse the Original top mounts, if so id decline but just confirm do they mean the rubber top mounts as your new coilovers do not have them.

funny mine too (just dropped it off at shark),im going for the top mounts as a matter of course as my car has 85k on the clock

It'll be to late now as i bet there nearly finished i did ask the mechanic if they were needed and he said no but would put them in my boot just incase i want to put them back on at a later date

Cant mean the top mounts then as they are needed when fitting coilovers!

Hehe, without top mounts you struts wont be attached to the car. They would have to be fairly incompetent to make that much of a balls up :)

Just phoned the garage and they've said they they cant undo the driveshaft bolts so the car is not ready they've had the thing since 8:30 this morning :( they've offered to knock the vat off if i pay cash but will that give me a receipt?

Just phoned the garage and they've said they they cant undo the driveshaft bolts so the car is not ready they've had the thing since 8:30 this morning :( they've offered to knock the vat off if i pay cash but will that give me a receipt?

Doubt you'll get a receipt if your paying cash.

I will not be paying cash as I want a receipt for the work done I've got something to fall back on then should anything go wrong

I asked what rubber the guy was on about and he said its just the rubber that stops the shocks creaking???? :s

he prob means the bumpstops pal most coilovers have them fitted to the coilovers so they are not needed , i fitted mine by mistake when i fitted mine and it just wouldn't lower anywhere near enough , so after a bit of digging around i found it to be riding on the oem and the new bumpstops so once they were removed it went down a lot , if he doesn't mean that then he must mean the plastic tube that goes around the shock to stop the dirt and grit going on the shock can't think of anything else

Had a call this morning saying the coilovers dont fit on the front :s and that they had to modify them to get them on the back :0 it just gets worse

Had a call this morning saying the coilovers dont fit on the front :s and that they had to modify them to get them on the back :0 it just gets worse
have you got the right collies for your car if you had they shouldnt be modifying anything whos doing the work benny with his spanner id wanna find out how they have modified it as well your life could depend on it !

According to the supplier there the right parts and the modifying they got to do is taking some weld of as there's to much around the locating pins the supplier have advised the garage to do that

well some good news then hope they are good with a grinder hope it all gets resolved for you

oh dear sounds like the local monkey shop haha , as said the coilovers should fit first time with no mods at all

What coils are they? Ive heard of a certain brand having welds that are too thick on the locating pin, cant remember which make though?

dunno the brand never looked but ive had a right game with the things first it turned out the garage had fitted them wrong and now it seems the springs in the kit are the wrong size wtf the supplier is sending a new kit out to the garage but its already cost me 240 quid to have them fitted and im going to have to pay again to have the new ones fitted and they still might not fit it seems ive got a dodgy supplier and a dodgy garage that aint got a clue :( what can i do as im trying to get my car ready for next sunday ultimate dubs

Go to another garage man, they're screwing you over.

I had my coilovers fitted for £80 and the garage had quite a lot of work to get them in

yeah as john said take it somewhere else sounds like they are just trying to get money off you pal

Mate they cant be that hard to fit? i have fitted coilovers to a range of cars and the only issues i have ever encountered are getting the old ones off due to rusty bolts and nuts ect :)

i fiited my APs with my m8 but £240 is way to much £100 max i wouls say .

The brand of the coilovers are Rokker/Raceland.

I'm concerned about the cost now because i'm going to have to pay the garage to get the new ones that are coming fitted i'm trying to raise a dispute on ebay but i only have 45 days to do it and ive informed them on the 45th day so i might not be covered

Just an update the supplier is giving me a refund for the coilovers but refuses to cover the costs of labour :( I mentioned the sales of goods act to him but he still refuses to cough up as he claims they do fit even though he advised the mechanic to mofify them.