coding out high level brake light

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys can you code the high level brake light out as someone may have got carried away losing wires and now everytime they put their foot on the brake their car does a beeping noise and displays a dash warning light!!!
Not me of course im not that stupid!!

HELP!!!
Daz

Reactions: Alex C
Ah the joys of the Audi bulb warning system.

Unfortunately there is no way of coding it out with VCDS.

The build warning module is with the relays above the drivers footwell. You can either put a resistor across the 2 pins to the high level rear brake light, or to disable the whole system ground the wire from the bulb check module to the clocks (with a small resistor inline).

Lol. Oh well anything easy is boring right?
Thanks jim glad theres a way as its v annoying lol. The worst thing is as i ripped it out i realised what would happen hahaha

Fantastic scott!!!
Thanks guys always coming to my recue!!!
Apart from you aragon you take pleasure in my failure!! Lol

Reactions: ScottD3
You've got me thinking, i've removed/lost/misplaced the centre brake light on my track car, i wonder if i'll get the same warning?

I dont recall brake warning when moving it last week though.

Both my normal brake lights are working an it buzzes when i hit the brake pedal giving the bulb display.
It wasnt doing it before

Just checked the wiring diagram and it does seem to be connected.

It was beeping about no fuel and no screenwash as well so perhaps i'm just a mong and didnt notice the warning :p

You sure you've diagnosed the problem? I disconnected my whole top level brake light to change bulbs with no warning on the dash, ignition was on at the time.

Dont say that!!!
Its the only thing i changed. Kind of