Clutch pressed, sound goes away ?

L-M

Reaction score
Posted not long ago on here after buying an a3 (2011 1.6tdi s line) that potentially had a failing dualmass flywheel, i get a chattering/bearing type noise when i rev the car mainly on the way down the revs but if i press the clutch, the sound goes away, does this point towards flywheel ?, i read online that it could be clutch release bearing, other syptoms are 50% of the time when idleing the whole car will shake and wobble but revs are stable, same sort of bearing noise when driving (sometimes) and noticed when taking a corner, for example into my carpark at work normally in second between 10/15 mph if i accelorate and let off i hear a sort of knocking, anyone any ideas lol ? Thanks

Seems both are on there way out by what you say. If you change any part of the clutch/flywheel then it's normal practice to change the whole lot as it's a labour intensive. The knocking when turning could be driveshaft, CV joint, wheel bearing wear.
Being only a 7 year old car I reckon a previous owner gave it some abuse such as wheelspinning it on ever start or it's very high mileage.

Thanks and 1 prev owner, woman, full audi service history, just 61k now

Thanks and 1 prev owner, woman, full audi service history, just 61k now

Just because it was a woman that owned it, doesn't mean it hasn't suffered clutch abuse. My mums (80 yr old) friend has a new clutch in her '06 Fiesta every year, just doesn't now how to drive it. We've just convinced her to buy and auto box car at last and she loves it.