Climate Control: No Blower

filipharvey

Amusing Tagline
Reaction score
As per title, the blower in SWMBO's '95 A4 is not working, on any speed or in any mode. I've checked most of the fuses in the dashboard and they all seem fine, where else should I look? I don't know if it could be a relay? If so which one?

The rest of the CC system (bar aircon) is working, all the flaps are moving as they should, the recirc function works but obviously there is just no air movement.
:confused:

Faulty blower. I've replaced so many in B5 cars, it's unreal.

Just ordered another one I've got to fit for a client tomorrow.

Yeh, I've just been reading the posts about the brushes going, but most people seem to have had an intermittant fault first, this one has just stopped!

Mine just stoped working with no warning as well,easy to fit took me about 15 mins !!

Plenty of new OEM Valeo ones on ebay for around £40, or you can buy just the brushes for £12.50, but for £40 you might as well get the whole thing. I had to pay £180 for one about 5 years ago (Audi wante £300), so £40 is a steal

Being a skin flint and planning on selling the car very soon (it's getting past it!), do you have any idea where I can get just the brushes?

I purchase brushes for £5.