Chipped-Uk ST3 Group Buy Round3!

If this deal is still open - I'll have one.
2005 A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Auto (205 bhp model)
Just tell me who to pay.

I was just thinking that myself!! I'm still waiting! :angrymod:

quattro_tdi - you have PM

Does anybody else have problems with this forum bombing out while typing a message!! ****** anoying!!! :nunu:

Anyway let try again.... back to the point-

Had communication from Chipped-UK. The units weren't received from the supplier on thursday as promised.:angrymod:
They did however arrive in enough time today to be sent on a next day delivery so we'll all get them tomorrow.

Bit of a nightmare but lets hope the upload/download process goes smoother! :readit:

It seems like ChippedUK have been telling fibbs!

I'm sure they said that they have put aside some for us! :mad:

I know what you mean dude.. however i was under the impression from Neil that C-UK didn't have any units in stock but they were willing to reserve the amount of units needed on our list from their next delivery.

They could have made it clear that the delivery day was open to change and that their suppliers maybe aren't reliable?

When i spoke to Kelly at C-UK she apologised and assured me that everybody who had paid would receive their ST3 tomorrow.

:blush: hang in their guys..

:yahoo: Mine has just arrived!!!:yahoo:

My wife has the car at the moment so i'll have to report back later... when she returns!?!? :search:

got mine, but have to wait till I get back from work to try it out....

same here just phoned ma house and its there but im at work aswell!

So precisely what maps are available... people here are talking about economy, power, torque, fast road, race....

and their website doesn't list all those! are 'power' and 'fast road' the same? any ideas? I want economy and something that's faster but doesn't make my car fall to bits :scared2:

So precisely what maps are available... people here are talking about economy, power, torque, fast road, race....

and their website doesn't list all those! are 'power' and 'fast road' the same? any ideas? I want economy and something that's faster but doesn't make my car fall to bits :scared2:

LOL!

Yeah i think the Power/Performance/Fast Road maps that have been discussed are really the same thing. The Stanard two maps you get are the Economy and 'Performance'. If you want anything other than that, i believe you have to talk with them direct with your special request.

The performance map typically would have 10-15bhp and 15-20Nm more and be more aggresive than ecomony map on turbo cars. :cool:

I've recieved my maps this morning.... but i'm at work so can't load them on until tonight!!! :sob:

Just to confirm Chipped uk have called them 'economy' and 'fast road'.

Just to update i sent my orignal map over last night and forget to put the serial number on!:keule:

so sent that about an hour ago and spoke to jason to let him know. i have just recived my maps now very pleased with that just need to get home and put it on then go for a spin!!:racer:

Can I please just ask a question.

Forgive me here if I am stating the obvious, but if its possible to take the same car, make a few changes to the engine software and then have it running with a greater mpg with a bit extra power, why dont manufacturers do that at the factory from the get go?

Surely a lot of people base their car purchasing decisions on things like fuel economy, engine power etc? If I discovered that I could get 10 mpg more on a certain car, then that might very well sway my decision.

How is it these tuning companies can offer (for want of a better phrase) a "have your cake and eat it" type situation?

Is there really no trade-off, no compromise with these mods?

Many thanks,

Ben.

Hi

I read on another forum that when Audi write a map for a car they have different things to take in to account eg different flue qualities (the only one i can think of is Japan low octane petrol is 100 and ours is 92 or something), poor servicing on cars etc. so Audi could make a map like this but make the map best for all situations.

Yes i suppose it can put strain on the clutch etc but chipped uk say when they develop the map they take into account engine parts and clutch capabilities. If you don’t floor it until 2.5k rpm the clutch does not have as much strain on it but I understand that you can make the clutch slip on the standard power if you floor it below 2krpm regularly. When I drive I feed the power in don’t floor it early I have never got the traction control light on yet when driving. I put the performance map on last night which I am impressed with and drove to work how I normally do today and got the mpg as normal.

Simon

For reference i have a 1.9TDi Sportback Sport...

I loaded the economy map last night and had a little drive along the road... only about 4-5miles and i have to say i was pleasantly suprised at the extra performance it has given! :thumbsup:
This map has made the car smoother, more responsive and it pulls harder from 1,800k up!
On my journey to work this morning i have a short stint of motorway and the uptake from 50-60-70 is mint. The other roads are 30 and 40 and only needed ( :) ) to boot it twice.... mmmm very nice!!
From door to door it's only 14miles to work and without being careful i gained 4mpg on the same conditions and road traffic as yesterday!

I'll be trying the fast road map tomorrow! :yum:

Tried fast road on mine today, noticeably quicker especially around 2.5-3k RPM - a nice kick in the back there now. Overtakes seemed to be easier too, a definitely plus.

I'm happy overall I'd say. :w00t:

I got mine setup yesterday, and its great.

Fast road map was tried first and it was suprisingly very powerful and fast. It just kept going through the gears.

The eco map is on now and this has noticebly more power and torque than the original map. I'm just hoping that there is a signficant difference in the economy I get from the car. (waiting to finish the diesel to find out)

Quite few of my friends don't believe that a little device can work on a car, but when i showed them, the were shocked.

I missed out on deadline so started looking around.

I've just bought an AlienTech from AutoGym in Chester for £295. It’s the same as the ST3 but not rebadged, and the guy has been affiliated with ChippedUk in the past.

I've got to say I'm very impressed.
I paid for the unit at 2pm and it had arrived the next morning by 9am, then he emailed my Road map within 2 hours of me reading my original.

Here's the really impressive bit.
The AlienTech struggled to write to my car (Most tuners quote more for my model - 2005 A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Auto 205). So I just read a log file from the device and emailed it to AutoGym. Within 2 hours, 2 guys at AlienTech had been involved and a new firmware file was sent to me. Simple update at it worked a treat.

The maps are custom writen to your requirements. With my Road map being setup for economy and to remove the turbo lag. I got an extra 3 mpg on today’s commute (according to the DIS) and instant throttle from standstill.
The other map will be full power - but he's given me the opportunity of requesting changes based on using the first.

Like I say the really impressive bit was how quickly and professionally the problem was solved, as an industrial software engineer I appreciate the difficulties in connecting to different equipment, and just wish I had this sort of service from all my suppliers.

http://www.autogym.co.uk/

Well.. I ran the fast road map for a week, and I was impressed. It really goes through the gears and is quite fun. Great for overtaking, and 4th gear from 50-*cough*80mph is my favourite. Even in 5th/6th gear it pulls. Best of all, the mpg was the same if not ever so slightly better than my usual!

Then I switched to economy... and filled up the tank. After the fast road, it did feel a little more sluggish, but recognisably better than before mapping. I'm pretty surprised by the apparent gains - I'm getting between 5-10mpg more on my work run, even with air con on... it's even giving me in the 40mpg region before the car's even warmed up halfway... Not been on any properly long runs yet, but will be in the next few days. I'll wait till I've finished my tank to see just how good the economy is...

Basically I'm pretty happy with it. I'm thinking I may leave the economy map on for the routine driving, and slap the fast road map on when I want to impress unsuspecting friends...

Thought i would give an update on my car since i got the ST3 on the first round of the group buy!
Been fitted to my car now for about 2 months.
Firstly i used the fast road map for about 3 weeks and i have to say its great!!! few tips on installing switch everything off on car i had a few problems at first uploading so i turned everything off including climate comming home the lot!!! then tried again and in it went no problems! Dunno if this makes a differance but a mate said to try it as i can cause voltage drops during install! anyhow the Fast road map itself is very good i have to be a little careful in applying full throttle in low gears as it spins too easily but best usage is in about 3rd gear floor it and it really does go!!!
3 weeks ago went to France on skiing holiday and loaded car up with roofbox and full boot and 3 people, left the fast road map on and off i went! 790 miles later i averaged about 48mpg according to DIS so overall not too bad!!! car performed beautifully!
after a good week skiing time to drive back, so i uploaded the economy map and off i went i did notice the lack in power and also she seemed to smoke more when i put my foot down, on return home another 790miles later and according to DIS i averaged 45MPG and on both journeys i just mainly set the cruise to 80mph, also the back of car was very sooted up!! with black soot all around the exhaust! any how used the economy on normal driving for another few days and it still seems to smaoke a little more than usual! and economy at about 55mpg. So last few days back to fast road much better getting same 55mpg on average and much smoother power delivery and drive!! oh and no smoke what soever!!!

So all in in my little review the economy map i really saw no improvement in economy and just more smoke!! so wont be using that again however the Fast road is very nice indeed!! i think on another long drive i will probably have a go at stock map one way and fast road the othr and give them a compare!!!!

Overall the ST3 is a great bit of kit and the fast road is the map to use!!!

Oh and if i upgrade my car all i have to do is buy a new map and i can still use my ST3 Great!!!!:rock::redrs4:

I find your experience quite interesting - I've noticed a far better improvement in economy using the economy mapping than the fast road. Then again, I've only used it for a couple of days, and my work drive is only 15 mins or so.... but I've seen the mpg figures go from ~46mpg at peak (fast road map) to ~55mpg (economy). Without mapping, I'd get up to 44mpg. My overall MPG since I bought the car is 42 (over two years) so I'll be interested to see whether it all averages out... (This is on a PD140 Tdi Sport)

Mine's been on fast road since I got it, not really wanted to switch. No real change in MPG but I wasn't expecting one. Not had any wheelspins with it - but with the quattro I'd have to try quite hard I think!

up for any still interested, group buy active again on uk-mkivs forums chippeduk section

Id be interested to know if anyone has brought one for their 3.2, and what the result was like.

well they list +22bhp and 32nm on their website...

Its less that 10% gain, so not a massive amount. Is it really going to be that noticable?

or should I just put the money towards a VF supercharger kit :yes:

Its less that 10% gain, so not a massive amount. Is it really going to be that noticable?

or should I just put the money towards a VF supercharger kit :yes:

true, not much of a gain but will be a better drive and smoother acceleration as you change through the gears

I'm pretty interested in an ST3, but I can't find a live thread on ukmkiv's forums. Has there group buy already been purchased?