Chipped already :0(

maui

Reaction score
700 miles in and huge chip appeared on bonnet! gutted is not the word, right down to alu skin too.

Crazy thing is I don't recall anything hitting it! One of those things, but disappointing in less than week of owning - will see if work want to do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That really sucks :( I'm considering getting the bonnet and front bumper wrapped in clear paint protection film when mine arrives for this very reason.

Reactions: maui
700 miles in and huge chip appeared on bonnet! gutted is not the word, right down to alu skin too.

Crazy thing is I don't recall anything hitting it! One of those things, but disappointing in less than week of owning - will see if work want to do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:( sorry to hear that. Hope work do something for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not good and I feel your pain, we need to have our roads sorted out as we shouldn't have to put up with this...

The answer has been around for a long time...

$_35.JPG

icon_shysterical.gif

I read the title and thought you had fitted a tuning box. Sorry to hear about the damage.
One of the problems with having a brand new car, at some point it will get damaged, if not by somebodies door in a car park, a stone chip on the screen, kerb the wheels or some other accidental damage. It's unfortunate that it's happened so quickly.

Gutted for you mate. Sorry to hear. if its down to the metal than surely you should push your work to get it repaired.

Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion.Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion isaluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion.
Apologies for the bold characters, it was copied from google.
You can always put a blob of clear nail varnish on it for now...

I've had a pretty poor 2 months. The minor damage caused by some idiot in a car park has yet to be repaired. The stone that cracked my windscreen also chipped my bonnet as it bounced off. The windscreen has been replaced and looks like new. For stone chips (Daytona grey - so with ceramic flecks) what would the advice / people's experience be, between Audi's own paint repair kit or Chipex?

I didn't experience any excessive chipping on my daytona a3, I thought it to be quite chip resistant...