Chinese carplay unit success in B8 with MMI 3G basic

Charging a phone/MP3 player you have plugged into the ami, did yours just have 3.5mm in the end?

DSC 0503
that's the one I have

Would you mind posting up a copy of you system version? Just want to see if it's the same as mine

And in the last day my galaxy s10 has decided it no longer wants to play nice, was working fine yesterday but today its decided that it no longer wants to display the cursor when navigating through android auto, so can't see what I'm selecting. It weird as I've tried with a Google pixel and an iPhone and they both work as expected

I can't get my rear camera to work. Just comes up black screen. Will have to check all connections again

I can see your CUST Version is higher than mine.

How have you set the camera up in settings?

Not sure what settings I have. I know I was playing around with them. Think camera type is set to aftermarket and lines removed

Definitely wired camera correctly? Take 12v feed from the wire marked on the loom, ground to a decent point in the boot. Make sure you have reverse lines turned on so you can atleast see the unit is switched into reverse mode

I think I used the earth for the lights but might try change it tomorrow just in case.
There is a yellow and purple wire on the loom as well as the black and red. What way did you wire them. The purple is the trigger wire I think so that's 12v from the reverse lights. Have the yellow as 12v ignition as well as the red?

No triggered needed for canbus, just connect the the wire marked reverse camera, it's the yellow 1 and plug in the coax, that's all you need to do at the carplay box end, at the other end just earth the black camera cable to the car body, NOT the light cluster

Connect the yellow one to 12v??
On my camera there are 2 wires and the video cable I think. One is earth and the other 12v to be connected to reverse light.

plug yellow coax into carplay box and connected the red wire from the coax to the yellow wire if the carplay box. On the pic above marked 6 meter video cable.

Now move to the boot.

Attach red wire from 6 meter video cable to the red wire on the cable marked 'power cable', attach the black wire to a suitable ground on the boot lid.

Reactions: Yousef972
now plug in the coax to your camera and the barrel connector for power, done

Reactions: Yousef972
My camera is wired different to that. Uses like a 3.5mm headphone connection on the camera end then on car end there is the yellow plug for monitor but has a box with 4 wires coming in and 3 out. Live earth and a blue one which is 12v when reverse is engaged. The other end is to be wired to reverse lamp
The front camera was the same as that tho.

Post a picture or link. I wouldn't be going anywhere near the reverse light on a canbus car, can cause all sorts of issues.

The yellow cable on the carplay box is a switched 12v that is controlled via the car being put in reverse or the 'P' button on the dash.