Can you put child lock on an A3 3 door?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jade Holdsworth

Reaction score
My boyfriend has epilepsy and he has episodes where he is oblivious to what he is doing and zoned out. He has them daily but up until tonight he’s never done anything dangerous but he took his seat belt off and he opened the NSF door whilst I was driving and got out. Luckily I was only going 20mph and could do an emergency brake and pull over to stop him and eventually get him back in the car but now it’s freaking me out. I work in an ARC so I’m already pretty certain you can’t but is there any way you can put child lock on the front door?!?! Otherwise I’m going to be a nervous wreck especially on motorways etc.. please help !!!!!

Not sure if you can put Chloe locks on the front but that would be a very scary experience. Can you not lock the car when your driving to stop.the door from opening. Not familiar with the A3 but my s3 has a button on the inside to lock the doors. If you dont have a button to do it could you not lock it by the remote? Hope you find a sulotion to this.

Not familiar with the A3 but my s3 has a button on the inside to lock the doors. If you dont have a button to do it could you not lock it by the remote?
Won't work... You can open a locked front door from the inside handle

Unfortunately the only real solution is to sit in the back

<tuffty/>

Or disconnect the inside door handle maybe but then if some else sits in front you will have to open door for them aswell

With auto lock you can still open it from the inside. Think my only option would be to take the handle off but because of his epilepsy he doesn’t drive so I would have to open the door 3-4 times a day to let him out and he’s stubborn and probably wouldn’t let me do that. Just like trying to force him to sit in the back, he wouldn’t have it.. hopefully it’s just a one off and it never happens again...

Vauxhall's used to have a 'dead lock' so the cops could lock doors and stop the handles working.
If I was you I should disconnect the inside handle. Walking out the car or letting the window to get out the car is a lot less bother than organising a funeral.
Do you not get 'mobility' to help pay for a suitable vehicle especially as you are their only means of travel?

No I do not get mobility he’s my boyfriend and we both work full time at the same place, I wouldn’t claim mobility. I’ve asked him numerous times today if I can take the handle off or have him sit in the back but he’s stubborn. I will think of something..

What's wrong with claiming mobility? That is what we all pay our taxes for. You can be earning 100k a year working 60 hours a week, but if you still need help with parking assistance, safety and independence..

You might not be entitled anyway... but the entitlement is nothing to do with working full time or being in a relationship with the person you are a carer for.

Last edited: