Centre armrest, retrofit..

stevethejambo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not been on here for a long time, Ive missed all the good information!

I was just wondering if anybody has retro-fitted a centre armrest to their A3 yet? I have an 04 1.9 Tdi and I quite fancy doing it, having just bought the car at the end of its lease.

Is it expensive to do, and is it fairly straightforward to do?

Had a search on the forum but I couldnt really find anything.

Cheers!

If you want any bits for VW/Audi let me know as the guy who is supplying the pedals for me can get anything if it's listed on EKTA normally for 10% less than Vag Parts but with a lot cheaper delivery.

J.

[ QUOTE ]

If you want any bits for VW/Audi let me know as the guy who is supplying the pedals for me can get anything if it's listed on EKTA normally for 10% less than Vag Parts but with a lot cheaper delivery.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might need to chat about the 3.2 brake setup upgrade at some point... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Have you driven one with an armrest?

I find it gets in the way if you use the handbrake. Others have made the same comment.

Think Top-Gear said the same!

[ QUOTE ]
I find it gets in the way if you use the handbrake.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've found out on mine. It doesn't get fully in the way only on the top notch....

Thats the reason I did not order one for mine, on the demo cars is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off totaly

I have an SE and the armrest fitted as standard. I find it gets in the way of using the handbrake but I have found a very good use for it. I have attached my bluetooth GPS receiver to the plastic underside. This has worked well and enabled me to run a 12v feed from the 12v socket through the centre console and into the armrest. I normally drive with the armrest in it 'up' position out of the way, but when I leave the car I fold it down and the GPS is out of sight. I also tend to put my navigation PDA inside the armrest, again out of sight.

Initially the armrest is annoying, but after a while you get used to it and begin to like it. At least that's what I found

Yeah, working for a garage, Ive driven a few A3's with the armrest and I think I can get used to it. Its a bit unpractical but I miss not having one!

I find I can only use the armrest when driving automatics.. you just kind of leaaaaaan to the left, then you lose movement in the entire left hand side of your body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mine was easy enough to take off to fit my GPS wiring so I can only assume it would be easy enough to fit. It's only held on by one bolt, although you will need to cut a hole in the plastic towards the back of the centre 'tunnel'. If you would like a copy of the ETKA parts diagram and ELSAWIN instructions let me know.

must admit its the only thing i missed from my cab. couldnt seem to find the parts on vagparts.com - did anyone else have any joy? i seem to remember the stealer quoting me about 400quid - ouch!

3.2 Q dsg, rns-e, tv

[ QUOTE ]

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

J - I haven't got access to ETKA, but I'm wondering about the US alloy DSG paddles for sportbacks. Any chance of some investigation?

Cheers m8

L

You need to email vagparts to and tell them your car, colour trim and type of trim, they will get back to you with a price.