Castrol EDGE 10w-60w?

Stuart B

Reaction score
Anyone thought about this oil?

Upload 2019 1 1 20 52 20

It cheaper on carpartsforless if you do go for that oil

not suitable for the 1.8T then? ( It is pretty expensive as 4L is not enough anyway)

what I have found is how damn hot the engine is, even if it is not being run particularly hard, even the tail pipes are hot (or my skin is suddenly sensitive)

I know the correct specification is 504 or 507 but is that only for long life use? C3 (502 505) is okay isn't it for 9000 miles / 12 months? and I thought 5-30 was complained about for being too thin compared to 10-40.

I dont want to start a what's the best oil thread - as we all know they exist and Gaz will come on and pwn me. but I dont think I have seen an oil go to 60W before

That’s crazy money for oil! Couldn’t you use quantum 5w-40?

Btw Stuart very tidy desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the stuff I’ve always put through my car since I’ve owned it.... every 5000 miles roughly. The first year of ownership I did 3 oil changes..... couldn’t get enough of driving it around haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just the packaging difference then? 15 quid is pretty good - sadly not arriving until Monday so I cannot go over 500 miles with Miller's Running In Oil, I will just need to try and be ready for a quick swap on Tuesday AM.

Well this was delivered this morning, not bad for 15 quid. I might buy a couple more.

Screenshot 20190103 184852 Gallery

Reactions: S3AMJ