Carbon fibre wing mirrors

RedRS3Reilly

Reaction score
Fitted the carbon mirror covers, I think they look great

Reactions: zippster, Dunedin, pburv and 6 others
Se...X.....U....AL.....just to get past the the naughty word filter..lol....nice touch Reilly

Reactions: pburv, RedRS3Reilly and Daytonapig
Very nice touch! Shame every prat wants to steal them

I did consider a genuine set but i am not quite ready to pop the mirrors out on a brand new car, yet....

I did consider a genuine set but i am not quite ready to pop the mirrors out on a brand new car, yet....

Dont then ...lol keep the alu look ones until they get all scratches,then change them

Reactions: pburv
Dont then ...lol keep the alu look ones until they get all scratches,then change them
I haven't LOL!, i reckon the carbon will scratch just as much though LOL!.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Great contrast with the red body colour.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
Fitting them is pretty easy, you need to slowly prise the mirror glass off, then your faced with 5 small torq screws and a central one which holds the electric motor in place, simply unscrew then take the two brass coloured metal clips off, pop the plastic retainer clips and the cover slides off. Attach the new carbon fibre one and put all the screws back in then push fit the mirror glass back on, on the back of the mirror there are two plastic bits, they push inside the two brass coloured clips you see in the picture.
Simples

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Looks dead smart against the red body, lovely job

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Can't you just pop the mirror cover off with a debit card? Seen someone do it in another thread.

I've ordered a facelift A3 in Tango Red as a company car and was thinking about chrome wing mirrors but don't want to make it look like a poor man's S3! Maybe I could get OEM Florett Silver ones instead.. any thoughts guys?

Can't you just pop the mirror cover off with a debit card? Seen someone do it in another thread.

I've ordered a facelift A3 in Tango Red as a company car and was thinking about chrome wing mirrors but don't want to make it look like a poor man's S3! Maybe I could get OEM Florett Silver ones instead.. any thoughts guys?

There are a few screws that need undoing apparently, as written above.

:smiley:

Chrome? Hmmm...are you a hip hop artist? I think you need to go for something that will contrast with the red body. Black looks pretty good :grinning:

Reactions: Jassyo06
:smiley:
Chrome? Hmmm...are you a hip hop artist? I think you need to go for something that will contrast with the red body. Black looks pretty good :grinning:
Hah well I figured it would be the best as without the BSP the trim is chrome, even the new rear diffuser is silver...

No, it's screwed from inside with torq screws, and the plastic clips need lifted up with a small screwdriver from inside

Reactions: Rob2k68
Can anyone send me Nazim's profile page as I can't seem to find it on facebook :S Or a contact number..
Want some carbon mirrors after looking at yours @RedS3Reilly and the rest on this site..temptation has given in lol

Reactions: Ridereasy, Rob2k68 and batch
Got in touch with him, putting an order through for a set of them now..

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and Max-Robbo
Carbon fibre... @batch approves.

Ha :D

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
Ended up ordering some matte chrome wing mirror covers from Aliexpress for £60, couldn't justify spending hundreds on OEM ones so figured it was worth a go! They look pretty good to be fair, no marks and proper clips. They also came with a little spudger tool to remove the originals.

3d00971ea8c22a362b3555528679fe1e.jpg

588bb71255b3f50be99cbc7f8421e5f1.jpg

f9613c813d85353d096827d8c0c95e25.jpg

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Phil-1 and batch
I sent Nazim a FB friends request as I fancy the carbon covers, but can't see them on his page. Does anyone else do any good quality covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent Nazim a FB friends request as I fancy the carbon covers, but can't see them on his page. Does anyone else do any good quality covers?

Be wary though as most sellers are just resellers, purchase from Chinese warehouses, add markup for convenience of having them delivered in a few days from within the UK. The same seller I purchased my chrome ones from also sells the carbon fibre ones, £62.50 for the pair.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Be wary though as most sellers are just resellers, purchase from Chinese warehouses, add markup for convenience of having them delivered in a few days from within the UK. The same seller I purchased my chrome ones from also sells the carbon fibre ones, £62.50 for the pair.

Can you send me the details of where you got yours from?

He doesnt have them on his page Phil, but when you talk to him he can send you pictures etc..

Can you send me the details of where you got yours from?

http://s.aliexpress.com/zQzIZvMV

My bad, they're £67.31 delivered, they have three styles, the first have no clips and just fit over the existing ones, the second (proper ones) have clips and replace the mirror covers and the third are the same but with cut outs for the lane assist.

http://s.aliexpress.com/zQzIZvMV

My bad, they're £67.31 delivered, they have three styles, the first have no clips and just fit over the existing ones, the second (proper ones) have clips and replace the mirror covers and the third are the same but with cut outs for the lane assist.

Thanks. I want the proper covers.
Will have a look when I get in

has anyone put the carbon mirror caps on a black s3? does it take away the contrast? and is it too much not having any other carbon on the car??

#damthisocd

Reactions: Rob2k68
I've seen carbon mirrors on a black car - looked very stealthy ! Think it was Andy on here who had spec missing and dealer damage issues.

On my Daytona they almost look colour coded so also quite a stealthy mod.

Reactions: zippster and SJ43
£67 is fab, Nazim was selling at £99 inc next day delivery when I brought mine a few weeks back.