1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carbon clean - worthwhile?

Super Nintendo Chalmers Oct 20, 2020

1. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Registered User

Anyone have experience of a carbon clean aiding performance/economy/general driving?

I have 100k on my 2.0 TFSI, B8.5. Engine is remapped with APR stage 1 and has followed at longest Audi's recommended service intervals. I have used Shell or Esso premium fuel since owning it (almost 3 years)

Thanks,

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Registered User

The Hydrogen carbon cleans are just Snake oil and a Complete waste of time. you need to have proper manual/walnut blasting carbon clean.

4. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Registered User

Yes I was researching the full head removal approach.

Any experience/impact you can share?

5. Booboo

Booboo Registered User

I have the B8.5 2.0 TSFi engine and mine has has 2 sets of injectors 1 set are direct and the other are behind the inlet valve so cleaning is not required

6. matthew999

matthew999 Registered User

I have the same derv as you. And assumed the same. However when my mech was replacing waterpump he took off the inlet manifold and took a photo. It was pretty caked in carbon with a very small clean patch where the second injectors cleaned it. So it's not a completely cleaned by injector. I'll try and get him to send me the photo.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk