Car wont start!?

aaron61191

Reaction score
1998 audi a3

Problem is when i turn the key the orange car/key symbol comes up but just keeps flashing therefore the car doesnt start, itl start then instantly cut out, ive read the manual & it mentions an electronic chip in the key etc but god knows, i only have the one key for the car at the moment, & theres no sign of the key coming apart tbh, could this key be knakered or could it be something in the ignition barrel thats faulty :/

Is it a agu engine? Dont they have faults with the ign amp that can cause they kind of problems?

nah starter motor is fine it sometimes does start & once started it goes fine i think its just an electronic problem to do with key or immobiliser , yes i think it is an agu model,

try taking one of the terminals off the battery for a few mins put back on let it all reset and try again just a thought my mate had the same sort of problem if no change then i think you got a problem with the key good luck hope you find the problem.

sounds like a faulty key, or faulty reader coil for the immobiliser.

If you've got another key, try that?

1998 audi a3

Problem is when i turn the key the orange car/key symbol comes up but just keeps flashing therefore the car doesnt start, itl start then instantly cut out, ive read the manual & it mentions an electronic chip in the key etc but god knows, i only have the one key for the car at the moment, & theres no sign of the key coming apart tbh, could this key be knakered or could it be something in the ignition barrel thats faulty :/

This is what happened to my A3 tdi when the clocks went, key symbol constant flash then starts and dies straight away.

As already sugessted try the battery terminals together for about 5 mins, if that dont work i would guess clocks