Car sold, S3 being delivered Monday!

MattB1989

Reaction score
Can start to look forward to getting the S3 now the TT's going tomorrow:yahoo:

Never had a car delivered before, so hope it all goes ok and there are no issues with the car!

Pics to follow :yes:

Matt.

Reactions: Scottyg, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I'm in love :yum:

Got the train home from work and drove it back in. Gonna run her in for the first 1k but I can tell she wants to be unleashed!

Will post a review in a couple months.

So pleased though :yahoo:

Cheers,

Matt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 344
Reactions: Scottyg, Martinbanshee, Ignition1 and 10 others
Lovely car Matt, Enjoy. :) x

Snap! Looks good mate :) A nightmare to keep clean though!

I'd recommend poorboys blackhole polish is the first thing to buy along with a DA.

Nice pics - enjoy!

..... but don't feel that you need to leave it a whole month before posting your thoughts.

Everyone loves the enthusiastic ramblings of a besotted new owner.

Reactions: Sandra
What a little ripper!!

Congrats Matt and enjoy :racer:

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Jassyo06
Lovely car Matt, Enjoy. :) x

Thanks Sandra, I'm sure I will! :)

I'd recommend poorboys blackhole polish is the first thing to buy along with a DA.

Cheers mate, yours too! I had read that Brilliant Black is a nightmare. Thanks for the advice, I'll defo look into that :yes:

Nice pics - enjoy!

..... but don't feel that you need to leave it a whole month before posting your thoughts.

Everyone loves the enthusiastic ramblings of a besotted new owner.

Haha, ok give me to the weekend when I can have a proper play. Such a different machine to my TT though, so all good so far!

What a little ripper!!

Congrats Matt and enjoy :racer:

Cheers Simon :smile new:

Just went for a little drive and get some petrol. The forecourt lights showed little swirls all over the paintwork. How are the Audi car washers so terrible?!

Have you had this problem with yours?

I'm wondering about the same thing for an order I may place... I assume this is the dealer rather than Audi factory? They're not washed at all at factory I guess

I suppose this is why so many people pay for a 'new car detail' and probably get many people asking "Why do you need to detail a brand new car?" Haha :D

Just went for a little drive and get some petrol. The forecourt lights showed little swirls all over the paintwork. How are the Audi car washers so terrible?!

Yes, blackhole and a DA sorted it: This is mine

Yes, blackhole and a DA sorted it: This is mine

That looks sweet! Can you recommend a decent fairly cheap DA?

Never really had to worry about this before as my last one was white, so very easy to manage!

Cheers,

Matt.

Not overly cheap, but could be in comparison to others... The Das6 and Das6 Pro (more powerful motor and longer cable) are VERY often recommended on detailing forums! :)

My mates Brilliant Black S3 after he picked up his, brand new from the dealers
12ef564ad551385f68db2f15c34527c2.jpg

Yours is a beauty Matt can't wait to get mine now

I'd really recommend getting a ceramic coat put on yours as this brilliant black does mark pretty easily

That looks sweet! Can you recommend a decent fairly cheap DA?

Never really had to worry about this before as my last one was white, so very easy to manage!

Cheers,

Matt.
This is what I bought

(160mm pad) http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/koch-chemie-extra-soft-black-finishing-pad.html

The DA http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/kestrel-deltaylo-electric-dual-action-polisher.html

Poorboys http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/poorboys-black-hole.html

My thread the first time I used them, then finished with G3 polish from Halfords http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-da-poorboys-black-hole-g3-wax.250687/

Last edited:
My mates Brilliant Black S3 after he picked up his, brand new from the dealers
12ef564ad551385f68db2f15c34527c2.jpg

Yours is a beauty Matt can't wait to get mine now

I'd really recommend getting a ceramic coat put on yours as this brilliant black does mark pretty easily

Ah man that sucks, I hope he gave them what for!

Cheers buddy, you won't be disappointed, such a great all round car :)

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Ah man that sucks, I hope he gave them what for!

Cheers buddy, you won't be disappointed, such a great all round car :)
Yes my detailer sorted it and applied two coats of ceramic on it and Audi gave him free servicing as a 'Good will gesture'

After seeing this I promptly changed my paint to Panther Black hoping it will be a bit more resilient to scratching

Mine has left Ingolstadt and will be ready for a March pickup so I'm really buzzing now

Hope you're enjoying yours!

Don't rush to get a DA, I've had my car 18 months, and have NO swirls or scratches on it so have not needed to use my polisher on it so far.

Wait until WAXSTOCK 2016 and pick one up there at a great discount along with all the other kit you need, after you've had the ability to test many different models in action.

Bit late to the party I know, but Poorboys Black Hole is not a polish, it's a glaze. Other people also rate Prima Amigo over black hole.

Reactions: Scottyg and Bristle Hound
Yes my detailer sorted it and applied two coats of ceramic on it and Audi gave him free servicing as a 'Good will gesture'

After seeing this I promptly changed my paint to Panther Black hoping it will be a bit more resilient to scratching

Mine has left Ingolstadt and will be ready for a March pickup so I'm really buzzing now

Hope you're enjoying yours!
Ah nice one :)

I would have gone for Sepang, but my budget did not allow! It was either S-Tronic with no options or Manual with a couple. It had to be S-Tronic!

Ahh that'll fly by man! Look forward to some pics :)

I'm loving it. So much more oooomph than my TT. Keep finding excuses to drive it! :racer:

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Ah nice one :)

Ahh that'll fly by man! Look forward to some pics :)

I'm loving it. So much more oooomph than my TT. Keep finding excuses to drive it! :racer:
My mates the same...he's loving his
I see you have no Privacy Glass - What's it like?

I originally had this option but in order to add the £775 Panther Premium I took it the option off along with the Black Styling Pack. Next day I added the Privacy Glass back on but was too late as Audi had locked the car for production. So I'm undecided to either leave it or get Audi to tint them what do you think?

My interior is in Lunar Silver so it'll be a nice contrast...here's what it will kind of look like (in an S3 not RS3 )

23d9c183141b9708df746750d8d852a6.jpg

4bc149d4f58da79cd7ee0533b3320d7c.jpg

Looks awesome mate :) Black with Lunar silver :yum: would love it but I'd worry that my seats would mark!

I wasn't too fussed to be honest, as it's the hatchback and it's a smaller window at the back. Plus I haven't got kids and not many people are gonna be sitting in the back (too much weight!!). It does look good with tinted though :)

The only thing with Prima Amigo and PB Blackhoke is they will fill in your swirls but not take them out. They have no cutting power.
If you have the dosh, specially with black, I'd get it professionally done the first time and get one of the nano coatings applied. They will get the defects out and apply a coating to protect the paint resulting it less chance of washing damage.