Car DECODED!!!!!

Izzy1

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My Bora remote central locking has decoded itself. just wondering if i can recode it via vagcom?

symptoms: remote does not unlock any doors, have replaced the battery and still nothing, can manually open the doors with the key and start the car without any problems.

any ideas on what i could try????

If you have two keys there is also a way of doing it with out vagcom. Although i'm not at home so can't post the link from my favorites till friday.

unfortunately I only have the 1 key.

i can unlock all doors with the key so i don't think the c/l pump is at fault.

any ideas on how i can fix this problem?

it's come to a point where i've just left the car parked on the drive for 2 weeks now cause of the central locking.

^^^ I don't get you - you won't drive your car, merely because remote central locking's not working??

i've passed it onto my wife and she mainlyuses it when not at work. (she gets the bus into work) but i use it in the evenings/weekend and everytime I unlock drivers door with the key the alarm goes off. kinda annoying, so i just use the audi until i find a fix for it.

Audi over VW any day. but power is in the V Dubz.

Not sure if it applies to Audi`s, but certainly on other Marques of car, its not ususual for the remote keyfobs to need re-synchronising with the car, often after battery replacement etc.

Worth trying this (nothing to lose!)

Lock car using key, and within 10 seconds, press and hold the Lock or Unlock button for a few seconds. May take a bit of trial and error, but you get the general idea. Works on my Beetle by holding the Lock button for five seconds. Works on my Porsche by Pressing and holding both buttons. Works on my Rover by turning on the Ignition instead of door lock.

If it works, please post your results !!

Some cars, you put the key in the ignition, and turn ignition without starting.

Then press and hold the lock / unlock button for 5 seconds.

If you have two keys there is also a way of doing it with out vagcom. Although i'm not at home so can't post the link from my favorites till friday.

Be gr8 if you can post this method. When I replaced the battery in my Audi fob (b5), I tried the various methods I could find but it is still lying useless. Currently been using the spare for about 18mths. :).

Be gr8 if you can post this method. When I replaced the battery in my Audi fob (b5), I tried the various methods I could find but it is still lying useless. Currently been using the spare for about 18mths. :).

Welcome aboard.

it would help if you state what year your car is - the procedure's different for early and late cars.

You'll need two keys.

1) Open the driver door, turn the ignition switch to on, but do not start the car.
2) Close and lock the driver door with the other key (this should be the proper key and not just the valet key.
3) Hold down both buttons on the fob for about 5 seconds. The lights should flash and the alarm horn should honk.
4) Open the door, remove the key from the ignition. Close and lock the door with the key.

You'll need two keys.

1) Open the driver door, turn the ignition switch to on, but do not start the car.
2) Close and lock the driver door with the other key (this should be the proper key and not just the valet key.
3) Hold down both buttons on the fob for about 5 seconds. The lights should flash and the alarm horn should honk.
4) Open the door, remove the key from the ignition. Close and lock the door with the key.

Thanks for this - will give it a bash soon. What key should be in the ignition the good one (I presume) or the uncoded one ?

Alas no joy, tried with each key in the ignition.

My fob had 3 buttons, has one for lock unlock and the boot, is it a different method then ?, or am I just being stupid ?