Can't decide between Audi S3 and TT Quattro S-Tronic 230

Thank you mate. You know what I’ve never really given the alcantara a proper look but I see what you mean. When I was looking all I wanted was SSS, dynamic pack, B&O. Colour was negotiable to a degree and wasn’t overly fussed about the alu or black pack. Will be getting new wheels for the spring-autumn and the silver rotors will be for winter use with my Sottozero’s I’m currently on. But I do like othe colours with certain colour packs though.

Sorry got abit carried away and seemed to have hyjacked the s3 section. I forget where I am half the time lads:tearsofjoy:
Says @SPIKE_S1 who's never off the RS3 section lol

**** the S3 section mate all opinions are welcome anytime that's why it's a forum lol

Reactions: T-800, SPIKE_ and DW81
Cheers mate, I have an habit of browsing across the whole forum at times and forgetting where I am and what I’ve posted to.

Reactions: T-800
I really love the red vents. How much were they? Was that standalone? Don't think I could spec that on the PFL.
The red vents come with the interior design package, it's a metallic red paint thats used l think? well it looks like paint

Reactions: T-800
Says @SPIKE_S1 who's never off the RS3 section lol

**** the S3 section mate all opinions are welcome anytime that's why it's a forum lol
Haha....have a big soft spot for the RS3! I have a soft spot for any RS :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06
The red vents come with the interior design package, it's a metallic red paint thats used l think? well it looks like paint

On PFL cars you can do a red vent mod ( ie paint them ) or you can purchase the OEM RS3 items.

One thing to note is PFL vents are full working units foe Euro spec cars with push/pull full open close functions. FL cars do not have this neither do US spec cars.

Exibit A of OEM RS3 red vents.

93782256 55BF 48DA BB66 CCC6638E6F0E

Talking of Red and Black interiors... I have that well and truky covered ...

4D1B1F1F 334B 46BD 970D 548C198306D9

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, oli356, TYb and 2 others
On PFL cars you can do a red vent mod ( ie paint them ) or you can purchase the OEM RS3 items.

One thing to note is PFL vents are full working units foe Euro spec cars with push/pull full open close functions. FL cars do not have this neither do US spec cars.

View attachment 145672

View attachment 145673
I didn’t realise you could option that interior leather, like it.

Reactions: jungle650
Think I must be the only one here who would still choose the S3 over the TT. If it was a question of the S3 over the TTS I would have to drive both, but the handling never let's be down even on a serious blast up at the lakes in the wet. The back end is playful. And love the sound it makes.

It really would have to be a TTS to make me consider the TT

Reactions: jungle650
Think I must be the only one here who would still choose the S3 over the TT. If it was a question of the S3 over the TTS I would have to drive both, but the handling never let's be down even on a serious blast up at the lakes in the wet. The back end is playful. And love the sound it makes.

It really would have to be a TTS to make me consider the TT

I test drove a TTS before getting the S3, purely because there wasn’t an S3 available to drive, the TTS does feel sharper and sportier but it’s a fair price jump.

Was a Vegas yellow with 20 inch wheels and pretty much every option possible, crazy price though. The exhaust has more of a thud when changing on the stronic.

I like my S3 a lot, always puts a smile on my face but still haven’t really fell head over heals with it.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Since we are now on to speaking about the TTS,seen some stunners in Glasgow's Audi showroom,this one was £48,500 back in the day fully optioned car,but l think the TT will be due a wee nip n tuck soon back in the Ingolstadt Salon sometime early next year
DSC 0302

Reactions: PanamaS3, T-800, DW81 and 3 others
Since we are now on to speaking about the TTS,seen some stunners in Glasgow's Audi showroom,this one was £48,500 back in the day fully optioned car,but l think the TT will be due a wee nip n tuck soon back in the Ingolstadt Salon sometime early next yearView attachment 145738
Very nice, I do have a soft spot for them. The Vegas one I had on test was £52k and they were really struggling to shift it.

Very nice, I do have a soft spot for them. The Vegas one I had on test was £52k and they were really struggling to shift it.

Because it was in Elvis Yellow:puke2:lol

Reactions: T-800, DW81, TYb and 1 other person
Because it was in Elvis Yellow:puke2:lol
Haha I think Vegas works on S3/TTS. My S3 was almost Vegas but the girlfriend made her feelings about it quite clear.... she had a white DS3 with a pink roof at the time...

Reactions: PanamaS3, Flying Scotsman, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Red interior looks great, however I don't think it works with the blue exterior at all.

I have a sepang blue mate with black leather red stitching.

I
Only other negatives of my TT:
  • Door windows freezing in winter - a number of occasions I've not been able to open the door until it's thawed.

• Hairdresser comments.

Doors sticking, use this to stop it, I use it on my coupe and it works! https://www.micksgarage.com/d/speci...cts-rubber-from-wear-and-keeps-rubber-elastic

Hairdresser comments from people that know F all about cars, or are just jealous! ;) I would have bought a TT, but my mum still comes out with us at times so I needed the rear space and the A5 coupe was the next closest thing lol! :)

Reactions: DW81 and pburv

View attachment 145672

View attachment 145673
Thanks. If I'm honest, I think I just like the outer red ring rather than black like jassy has, rather than the interior of the vent being red.

Thanks. If I'm honest, I think I just like the outer red ring rather than black like jassy has, rather than the interior of the vent being red.
One thing l didn't like about the PFL vents was that awful toy plastic gun like chrome on the vents

Reactions: pburv and jungle650
One thing l didn't like about the PFL vents was that awful toy plastic gun like chrome on the vents

The OEM RS3 items dont have the inner chrome bit !

@4K

If all u want is the red edge ring u can buy stick on items v cheaply from Ebay which sit on the ring.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and 4K
I like them. They look like a propeller blade. The new ones look kinda weird, almost like a spiders web. I'm guessing you don't have as much fan control with the new ones?

Reactions: pburv
Have to say really surprised being a A3/S3 forum how nearly everyone has said go for mk3 TT S-line 230bhp Quattro S-Tronic over S3 300bhp

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I may be wrong, but I think thats because most S3 owners are more impartial and less fanboys....I also think that's reflected (and backs up) the reason why the S3 forum has the most activity....all in all a helpful bunch of petrolheads lol
Edit: sorry...I mustn't forget some of the really active RS3 owners too.....jeez lets all just have a hug lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DW81, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I may be wrong, but I think thats because most S3 owners are more impartial and less fanboys....I also think that's reflected (and backs up) the reason why the S3 forum has the most activity....all in all a helpful bunch of petrolheads lol
Edit: sorry...I mustn't forget some of the really active RS3 owners too.....jeez lets all just have a hug lol

Every word a lie lol

Reactions: PanamaS3 and pburv
I like them. They look like a propeller blade. The new ones look kinda weird, almost like a spiders web. I'm guessing you don't have as much fan control with the new ones?
Aye the actual vent mechanism in the facelift is cheap guff, big cost cutting by Audi with the dash vents

Reactions: 4K, jungle650 and pburv
Since we are now on to speaking about the TTS,seen some stunners in Glasgow's Audi showroom,this one was £48,500 back in the day fully optioned car,but l think the TT will be due a wee nip n tuck soon back in the Ingolstadt Salon sometime early next yearView attachment 145738
crikey! that roof rack looks hideous on top of that!

Reactions: 4K and Jassyo06
Aye the actual vent mechanism in the facelift is cheap guff, big cost cutting by Audi with the dash vents
Just noticed the vents in the Q2 courtesy car, they felt super cheap compared to the PFL S3, you couldn't "pull" them (for more direct airflow) but they just moved around and felt like cheap plastic. On the PFL there is some weight as you re-position them, feel better.

I like the TTS, but I think if I were to spend £48,500 on a 2 seater it would have to be along the lines of:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704054099165?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=718 CAYMAN&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&sort=price-asc&postcode=ch21hn&year-from=2017&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=5000&page=1
media

or this

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711211431926?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2017&make=JAGUAR&radius=1500&postcode=ch21hn&model=F-TYPE&sort=price-asc&page=2
media

They both look more like £48k where the TTS doesn't?!?!

Reactions: 4K, Rolly12, DW81 and 3 others