Cancelled order

Tomo01

Reaction score
ordered car at the beginning of February given a eta may,every couple of weeks dates went further away checked with dealer at the end of the month still at status 10 with a provisional bw October,ridiculous

That's a blow, are you going to try get one via another dealer? I use Nigel at Swindon Audi, he's always pulled something out the bag for me. I live in Cheltenham but wouldn't recommend Cheltenham Audi.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and 4K
Was it a 3 door you had ordered?

That's a blow, are you going to try get one via another dealer? I use Nigel at Swindon Audi, he's always pulled something out the bag for me. I live in Cheltenham but wouldn't recommend Cheltenham Audi.
Totally gutted,going to sit on it for a while and see what happens,had my deposit back dealer didn't seem bothered

Totally gutted,going to sit on it for a while and see what happens,had my deposit back dealer didn't seem bothered
That's poor from the dealer. Might be worth seeing if any dealers have some stock, you'd have thought the back logs would be clearing by now.

Hi
I ordered an A3 in May - was told delivery would be end of August - received a call at the end of June and picked the car up on 30th June!

Thats appalling, I would send an email to Audi UK you wont get anything in way of compensation but will ensure the dealer customer service rating gets a black mark and they will hate that!!!

Online car broker will get you a new factory order in around 12-14 weeks or as others have said phone round some dealers and see what they have got in stock

placed my order after getting a Drive The Deal quote mid march and collected end June which included a 2 week delay by me on collection as was on holiday.

Reactions: Tomo01 and Jassyo06
Hi
I ordered an A3 in May - was told delivery would be end of August - received a call at the end of June and picked the car up on 30th June!

But you dont like your car, so dont know who is in the worse place!!!!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
This came up many months ago that there would be no 3 door's out until the end of the year.
Didn't realise that. I must have been lucky to get mine then. You'd think Audi would have the capability to push these cars out.

Didn't realise that. I must have been lucky to get mine then. You'd think Audi would have the capability to push these cars out.

Yes you are very lucky! I can recall people in spring ordering with build dates of October onwards! No explanation, just delayed.

Yes you are very lucky! I can recall people in spring ordering with build dates of October onwards! No explanation, just delayed.
I ordered in November but the basic car order was placed in October, picked it up in Feb.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Agreed, don't use Cheltenham Audi, I'm from Gloucester and used Bristol Audi.

Reactions: HulkRS3, 4K and TYb
Agreed, don't use Cheltenham Audi, I'm from Gloucester and used Bristol Audi.
Found their attitude terrible, was almost like there is enough people with money in Gloucestershire so doesn't really matter how they treat you. I gave them my budget etc and they were coming back with quotes £2/300 higher a month for cars I didn't want. Customer service at Swindon Audi is excellent.

Reactions: 4K
Can recommend Swindon also. Cheltenham are horrendous for customer service, prices, and service. They don't give a **** about their so called 'customers'.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
Found their attitude terrible, was almost like there is enough people with money in Gloucestershire so doesn't really matter how they treat you. I gave them my budget etc and they were coming back with quotes £2/300 higher a month for cars I didn't want. Customer service at Swindon Audi is excellent.
Yep, my friend and I both ordered cars within a week of each other, Cheltenham never even bothered to phone either of us, Tetbury Audi are good, let us both take a car out for a couple of hours test drive, but Bristol offered the best deal.

Can recommend Swindon also. Cheltenham are horrendous for customer service, prices, and service. They don't give a **** about their so called 'customers'.
Agreed, I even avoid them for servicing, would rather drive to Swindon.

Reactions: 4K
Agreed, I even avoid them for servicing, would rather drive to Swindon.
Tetbury Audi are also fairly good. Service prices are still ridiculous though. They tried charging me £300 for just an oil change, classing that as a 'major service'. I said, no a major service is where you change the air filter, plugs, pollen filter etc. They replied with 'no sir your air filter doesn't need changing until 30,000 miles or 3 years'. What utter rubbish, with the dirty roads we all have to drive on.

I personally don't want to take my car to any Audi dealership for servicing as they're mostly compromised of individuals with careless attitudes who don't actually have any deep technical knowledge and only go by what Vbulletins or VCDS tell them. They neither care for the cars they're working on.

Cheltenham once checked a tyre for me for a slow puncture. They threw the tools used from my boot incl locking nut back in without a care in the world leaving them to rattle around whilst I was driving until I pulled over and put them back in properly.

Tetbury Audi are also fairly good. Service prices are still ridiculous though. They tried charging me £300 for just an oil change, classing that as a 'major service'. I said, no a major service is where you change the air filter, plugs, pollen filter etc. They replied with 'no sir your air filter doesn't need changing until 30,000 miles or 3 years'. What utter rubbish, with the dirty roads we all have to drive on.

I personally don't want to take my car to any Audi dealership for servicing as they're mostly compromised of individuals with careless attitudes who don't actually have any deep technical knowledge and only go by what Vbulletins or VCDS tell them. They neither care for the cars they're working on.

Cheltenham once checked a tyre for me for a slow puncture. They threw the tools used from my boot incl locking nut back in without a care in the world.
I think tetbury and Swindon are the same group. Really wouldn't surprise me with Cheltenham.

Had a good experience with Worcester Audi so far since ordering the RS, regular email updates and very friendly both over the phone and in person.
They have agreed to let me have an RS3 out for a day when they get their demo, can't wait for that!

Other than that Cardiff Audi have been outstanding, service department is a shambles but sales can't do enough for you especially Audi Enthusiasts. Sadly couldn't deal with them with the RS due to company policy requiring a 20% deposit with exclusive colours.

Reactions: TYb
Had a good experience with Worcester Audi so far since ordering the RS, regular email updates and very friendly both over the phone and in person.
They have agreed to let me have an RS3 out for a day when they get their demo, can't wait for that!

Other than that Cardiff Audi have been outstanding, service department is a shambles but sales can't do enough for you especially Audi Enthusiasts. Sadly couldn't deal with them with the RS due to company policy requiring a 20% deposit with exclusive colours.
What colour have you gone for? Easy enough switching from a new s3 or had to pump a bit in?

What colour have you gone for? Easy enough switching from a new s3 or had to pump a bit in?

Racing Blue Mica :)

Don't really know what I'm going to get for the S3 yet, hopefully won't be too far apart. Will be trying to sell it sale/return.

Reactions: TYb
Racing Blue Mica :)

Don't really know what I'm going to get for the S3 yet, hopefully won't be too far apart. Will be trying to sell it sale/return.
How long have you had the S3 mate?

How long have you had the S3 mate?

It will be a year old in October.
My monthlies are quite high, pretty much double the expected monthly depreciation so it's closing in. I had the car £4K under list at £34k, I currently owe £31k on it and I had an offer of £30k 1500 miles ago.
I had one last week for £28,700 to sell to a trader, but he was keen to sale or return it because trade won't give me what I need.

The finance went through assuming the S3 would still be an active car on my financial profile, so worst case I will hang onto it for a couple of months until I get the right amount for it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It will be a year old in October.
My monthlies are quite high, pretty much double the expected monthly depreciation so it's closing in. I had the car £4K under list at £34k, I currently owe £31k on it and I had an offer of £30k 1500 miles ago.
I had one last week for £28,700 to sell to a trader, but he was keen to sale or return it because trade won't give me what I need.

The finance went through assuming the S3 would still be an active car on my financial profile, so worst case I will hang onto it for a couple of months until I get the right amount for it.
Interesting. How come you're changing so soon just out of interest? I'm at nearly 2 years with the S3, but I loathe it tbh. Interiors beautiful but I just cant stand the bouncy ride, as I mentioned on another post.

You trying to sell yours privately and then pay off the finance? What's the penalty you have to pay for ending early? Where did you get your expected monthly depreciation values from also?

Interesting. How come you're changing so soon just out of interest? I'm at nearly 2 years with the S3, but I loathe it tbh. Interiors beautiful but I just cant stand the bouncy ride, as I mentioned on another post.

You trying to sell yours privately and then pay off the finance? What's the penalty you have to pay for ending early? Where did you get your expected monthly depreciation values from also?

I love the car, it's great. Before I had it, it had to be an RS but now I'm in the S3 it makes you realise you don't need anything more than it. But the dream has always been the RS, I'm in a position where I can do it so I've gone and done it ;)

The penalty will just be the finance settlement against the value of the car, whatever the difference is.

When Audi value it on their system, it shows an estimated monthly depreciation figure and I've also had Audi say that my payments will more than cover any depreciation in the car.

I love the car, it's great. Before I had it, it had to be an RS but now I'm in the S3 it makes you realise you don't need anything more than it. But the dream has always been the RS, I'm in a position where I can do it so I've gone and done it ;)

The penalty will just be the finance settlement against the value of the car, whatever the difference is.

When Audi value it on their system, it shows an estimated monthly depreciation figure and I've also had Audi say that my payments will more than cover any depreciation in the car.
Fair. Personally I don't see the necessity for an RS3 as you say over the S3. It's a bunch of power/torque which could be achieved with a stage 1 remap so really I feel the only difference is the 5 pot noise, but each to their own.

Wonder now if I should go in and get mine valued.

Fair. Personally I don't see the necessity for an RS3 as you say over the S3. It's a bunch of power/torque which could be achieved with a stage 1 remap so really I feel the only difference is the 5 pot noise, but each to their own.

Wonder now if I should go in and get mine valued.

It's difficult to see the need to change because there isn't one, but you have to read all the comments of people that have and not a single person has any regrets! That says it all. It's the whole RS package but yes, the noise is the main factor.

I keep forgetting the RS will be quicker, that wasn't a deciding factor for me in any way shape or form.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yes ordered S3 3 door manual

@Tomo01 Not being a funny ****** here for a change....but its a ****** big country mate, full of Audi Dealerships.....Get on the phone mate to everyone of them and see what they have in stock,good time to buy as well,as it's in the midst of punters holidays time.....Salesman they're all scratchin there balls at there desk's just now

Reactions: RSS-S3, Audi Bairn, Tomo01 and 1 other person
@Tomo01 Not being a funny ****** here for a change....but its a ****** big country mate, full of Audi Dealerships.....Get on the phone mate to everyone of them and see what they have in stock,good time to buy as well,as it's in the midst of punters holidays time.....Salesman they're all scratchin there balls at there desk's just now

Good advice from Jassy as normal, just don't shake the salesman's hand when u meet him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, glospete, 4K and 1 other person
Another vote for Bristol Audi, Jeremy Bartlett in particular. Some man!

Reactions: Stevie k
It's difficult to see the need to change because there isn't one, but you have to read all the comments of people that have and not a single person has any regrets! That says it all. It's the whole RS package but yes, the noise is the main factor.

I keep forgetting the RS will be quicker, that wasn't a deciding factor for me in any way shape or form.

Not being condescending here but TRY to separate real life from this car Forum mate, it can get you carried away with cars,the RS3 IS ***** for value for money....and the differences between your own car and it are not worth putting yourself into even more debt,hold fire for a few years and you'll get the all new RS3....Yer a youngster...basically what l am saying is...yer putting toooooooooooooooo much pressure on yourself for a car......

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, RSS-S3, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I bought my s3 from Bristol Audi, when I visited Cheltenham Audi they weren't interested in my business at all
I also dealt with Jeremy Bartlett

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and 4K
Go and lease a black edition S-Tronic for £270 bangers a month,great deals going on and your not held into a PCP

Reactions: BarryG79 and 4K
Go and lease a black edition S-Tronic for £270 bangers a month,great deals going on and your not held into a PCP
You can get a GTI for £250 a month I saw yesterday. Worth considering. Remapped and it'll do the 300 the S3 offers :)

i ordered from Hereford same s3 mines been built an is on its way to the UK i ordered start of march?
S3 navarra blue tech pack ACC
Similar spec going for ara blue,beginning to think they never ordered it