Can This Be Done?

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Bought a whole tailgate as it was a really good price and had the S Line spoiler on that I wanted.

Was toying with the idea of either getting the spoiler sprayed and stuck on my car or getting the whole new tailgate sprayed and fitted. Pretty much deceided on the latter as I've got a couple of dents and things in my tailgate that have been annoying me.

Anyway, how would the new tailgate fit on with regards to the electrics? The new tailgate has the wiring all intact but its just been cut off through the wiring. Should it have a connector on the end or something?

Thanks

It sounds like a good idea if your boot has dents anyway and might need paint. The S-line spoiler is also pretty well stuck on and is difficult to remove without slightly warping it.

Just the wiring that would put me off though if you can ascertain how your current boot unplugs then I suppose that can be fed back out and used in the new boot? I would guess there is a loom connector in the car/roof somewhere.

What's in tact? If theres no multiplug, it won't be a straight swap.
You'd have to swap the wiring from yours over. More fiddly than anything.
As the channels they run in are small.

Some stiff rod, and electrical tape, patience, and you'll get it done.

If there is a multiplug, it should just plug and play, providing the pinout is the same.

Cheers for the replies lads.

All the wiring is intact on the tailgate itself for the wiper motor, boot lock etc, its where the tailgate has been taken off (Up in the right hand corner). I'd of thought there'd be a connector/plug sort of thing like you've mentioned but it's just wiring that's been cut.

I'm at work atm but I'll take a photo when I get home.

Can't say I've looked on mine. But I'd imagine there should be a plug yeah. It will have to join somewhere. Older cars used to have complete looms. But everything these days is sectional.

If it's cut off, you have 2 options. Drag the wiring out of yours.
Or remove your plug, and fit to whats left of the new loom.
Make sure it's long enough, or cut extra off, then you'd have to match and solder all the wires.