Facelift Can someone help? S3 facelift question...

Shmelll

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking to order an S3 facelift very soon however one thing is bugging me with the standard vehicle specification!

The car now comes with LED headlights as standard, do they operate as per the LED option on the pre-facelift? I.E does the beam pattern change depending on the road conditions using the SAT NAV?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Hi guys,

Looking to order an S3 facelift very soon however one thing is bugging me with the standard vehicle specification!

The car now comes with LED headlights as standard, do they operate as per the LED option on the pre-facelift? I.E does the beam pattern change depending on the road conditions using the SAT NAV?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

You would need the matrix led option for that. The standard option should however have a fixed cornering bulb, that comes on at slow speeds when you are turning/indicating.

You would need the matrix led option for that. The standard option should however have a fixed cornering bulb, that comes on at slow speeds when you are turning/indicating.

So is there no distribution modes at all? Only from the description it says this is independent of the nav element??

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 192
Hi guys,

Any help would be great!

Thanks
If the pre facelift lights have any pattern adjust tech built in, then I've failed to notice it. The new LED's are "dynamic", whatever that means...

Thanks guys. Oh really? Could you not notice it change then? Perhaps the dynamic refers to the cornering function?

Pre facelift LED lights will lift the beam at over 70mph and use sat nav info to widen the beam spread on approach to crossroads and T junctions. Maybe the F/L uses steering input like the adaptive xenons ?

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Yeah perhaps. Just intrigued because I noticed the facelift have the projector style bulb whereas pre-facelift has reflector?!

Pre facelift led headlights look awesome into the bargain and stunning in there design so l think anyway, its just a pity the matrix headlights on the new car don't physically look any different or better considering there price, yeah l know they have cascading indicators before anyone says... Lol

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I'm still not clear on what Matrix lamps add to the car exactly (other than sweeping front indicators)? I heard that you never need to use full-beam because they way the light is distributed means it won't blind other drivers in front, but will provide enough light for you?

Seems like marketing talk to me...?

I'm hoping that the dynamic front indicators might be doable via VCDS, guess it depends if there are physical differences in that bit of the lamp unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still not clear on what Matrix lamps add to the car exactly (other than sweeping front indicators)? I heard that you never need to use full-beam because they way the light is distributed means it won't blind other drivers in front, but will provide enough light for you?

Seems like marketing talk to me...?
The matrix headlights work on the full beam not with the dipped beam that functions as normal

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm hoping that the dynamic front indicators might be doable via VCDS, guess it depends if there are physical differences in that bit of the lamp unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been discussed and looked at on the TT forum, but it appears not to be possible, as you say due to physical differences. :(

Reactions: pauly69
I think LEDs are going to be a major improvement on my fiesta st halogens so I think I'll be ok. Just want them to be bright and easier for night use!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I think LEDs are going to be a major improvement on my fiesta st halogens so I think I'll be ok. Just want them to be bright and easier for night use!!

Ye they're pretty good you'll be well chuffed driven both the A4 and TT at night they have a lovely white Blue light to them and light the road up very well indeed

Great! For what they are, the halogens on my fiesta are pretty good but I wanted at least xenons or LEDs on my next car! I'm between focus RS and s3 auto. Just not sure at the moment !!