Calibrating lights

SI-W85

Reaction score
I changed the xenon bulbs in my car and they seem to be lighting the side of the road a little bit too much, will they need to be calibrated again? I seem to remember I was playing with my vcds when it was working a while ago and I managed to set the lights to calibrate and they went through a sequence of up down left right and said after they were calibrated, if it needs to be done can anyone talk me through the correct way to do this with vcds?

I think so but do they have adjusters on as when I had the lights out I didn't notice them :/

Let us know how you get on as mine seem to point to low & don't light the road up very well.

Let us know how you get on as mine seem to point to low & don't light the road up very well.
There are manual adjusters like non-xenon cars, sunken Phillips head, can't miss it!

Does that adjust the lights up and down is there an adjusted for side to side?

Does that adjust the lights up and down is there an adjusted for side to side?
Mine doesn't have the dynamic headlights, just the standard xenons so I couldn't say, sorry

Just adjusted mine as the drive side was way too low. They are xenon's and test/adjust up and down when the car starts so thought it needed plugging in but after looking found the two white screws behind the lights.

The inside one(closest to grill), screw it in and they come up and out they go down, mine were really low so 2 turns was plenty if not a tad too much, might take it down half or quarter turn.
Turned the outer white screw but it didn't seem to do anything when turning in or out so not sure what that does, have read that it is horizontal adjustment but couldn't see it doing anything on mine. Mine doesn't have the steering horizontal adjust, sided to side.

Its a 6mm allen key or has a Phillips screw head at the bottom

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7554.jpg

Reactions: SI-W85
Brilliant will try that before the vcds then, hope mine adjusts horizontal because that seems to be the one that needs adjusting.

Just been outside & adjusted mine brought them up by 2 turns & it now lights the road up a lot more now.

Reactions: SI-W85
No I didn't touch them as they was just pointing too low so I'll see what the wife says about them
Next time she's driving it at night.